Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate emails
  •  
Fiachra

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,
An email user has started receiving duplicate email as of 09:00 (GMT). I haven't done anything regards setting changes recently expect adding some more spam keywords to the "Custom Rules". The server is running Kerio 6.3.1 which has been installed since November without any problems up to now.

Fiachra.
  •  
winkelman

You mean all email the user gets is duplicated? Or only some?
  •  
Fiachra

Hi Winkelman,
Thanks for your quick reply. It seems to be for every email the user is getting.

Fiachra.
  •  
rleslie

is the user set up for pop3 keep a copy of message on the server? I've set up several of my users that way (until Kerio can come out with offline access for the KOC) and every now and then i see an issue where outlook doesn't realize it's already downloaded the email and downloads it twice.

I would first check webmail to see if it's being received in duplicate there. That would tell you whether its an outlook or a kerio problem.

hope this helps.
  •  
Fiachra

Hi rleslie,
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes the user is setup for POP3. I have forgotten how to keep a copy of the users email in the webmail, could you give me a quick refresher?

Thanks,
Fiachra.
  •  
rleslie70

if they're on outlook 2000, you go to tools, email accounts, properties, advanced tab, and there is a check box labeled to keep a copy of mail on the server (that is if the user is configured for internet email). If they have outlook 2000 configured for workgroup/corporate, then you go to tools, services, internet email and go to the advanced tab.

if it's outlook 2003, go to tools, email accounts, i think change email accounts, maybe more settings and then advanced...it's in there somewhere.

you can also google it and i'm sure you'll find the answer if the above doesn't help.
  •  
Fiachra

Hi rleslie70,
Thanks for your reply. I got a bit tied up with other stuff and hadn't gotten a chance to reply until now. It turns out my boss had setup emails to be recieved from another email account which was receiving the same emails but never told me that he did it, thus the reason for the duplicate emails.

Thanks again for you help,

Fiachra.
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.4.1 released
Next Topic: Outlook + KOC - Calendar name
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:03:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00479 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.