Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot upgrade to 6.4
  •  
west_m

Send a private message to this user
We have tried 4 times downloading the current 6.4 release - I was told by a Kerio customer service person that the upgrade is free because we have a subscription license.

Anyway, every time we download and try running the updater, we get an error message "ERROR 1714 - The older version of Kerio Mailserver cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Why won't it update our 6.3.1 version build 2402???
  •  
west_m

Solution I got from Tech support is the following:

You are experiencing a common problem. The solution is to run the Windows Cleanup Utility on your Kerio MailServer computer. Go to the following URL and download and use the utility to remove the old version of KMS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

The question is Am I ok to do this without losing data (uninstall KMS)?
  •  
west_m

found out running the utility would not delete or uninstall Kerio.
It only removes the installation registry so all emails are kept.
  •  
shanetech

hello west_m

I had the same exact problems and errors, and received the same solution from Kerio support. I opted not to try the windows cleanup utility as I was not sure what it would do to my existing Kerio MS installation and database.

I did some searching around the Kerio site for patches and downloads and found a patch that was just under the most recent final build to 6.40, I downloaded this patch and ran the update directly over my current installation, this time the update went without a hitch and I did not receive any of the previous errors you mentioned. Directly after applying this patch successfully, I then tried to do the full update to to Kerio MS 6.40, and this time it was also successful. Everything is working well so far. I also found that the update to 6.40 fixed some ActiveSync problems we were having with one clients Blackjack cell phone and calender syncing with Outlook 2003.

Here is link to the patch that solved my upgrade to 6.40 problem: http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kms/kerio-kms-6.3.1-3474-patch 2-win.exe

Best of Luck

Shanetech
Previous Topic: How to save one copy in inbox
Next Topic: KOC Installation Aborts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:37:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.