Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Attachments having Umlaut or special chars are shown as =2Epdf?=
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
We use OS X Mail app and have the following problem.
I am not shure if this is caused by the way kerio handles attachments AND how OSX Mail app handles them.

Very often I receive Mails containing attachments that look like this:?

=?utf-8?Q?Assetplanung_=E2=80=9ECelebrity-2007-09=E2=80=9C=2 Epdf?=

They all have in common that the names of the attachment contain umlauts like or special chars like ".

Every other mail client I tried, like Entourage, Thunderbird, our kerio webmail applicaton shows the attachment in the right way, but OS X Mail fails miserably.
It does not matter to send the mail as a windows attachment or to choose any other format like plain text or so.
As I have learned this problem has nothing to do with html formatting but is caused by something called quoted-printable... Could this be sonething KMS is causing?

Any help for this one anywhere?
regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
As noone seems to have a clue, I try to solve it on my own.
The current os x mail app is lame and poor and is the cause for this problem.
The following things have to come together to reproduce this problem.
A mail needs an attachment, its name must contain special chars like or something like " and its name must exceed 32 letters including its file extension.
Bang, you receive a mail with a garbled attachments like mentioned in the message above.
The 10.5 Mailversion seems to be fixed, all previous versions contain this bug. Entourage does not have it, Thunderbird does not have it, not one serious mail application has this bug. Please note this: I mentioned Entourage and serious in one sentence... But even this app is better..
regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
Previous Topic: Shared Folder with Mac OS X Mail.app
Next Topic: pop3 connector 6.3.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00355 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.