Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nokia E61, Activesync, MailForExchange, RoadSync and Sent Items
  •  
lythaby

Send a private message to this user
We've just received some new Nokia E61's, not the i's.
The E61 comes with Mail For Exchange as standard, its on the memory card and needs to be installed.

I've made it work both internally and externally. As per the details Kerio tells you it won't get your public folders. This is fine as we can get around that, the bigger problem is sent items. In Mail For Exchange the Sent items get stored on the mobile device, and DO NOT sync back to the server. This is very dangerous as you can imagine.
I tried all the settings and just can't get it to work.

I've tried the trial version of RoadSync and it also cant give you public folders, but it does give you a global address lookup, and when you send you get it synced back to kerio.In addition to that you can see folders under your inbox, for organisation.

Does anyone know how to make the sent items sync with Mail For Exchange, or am i going to have to spend out and but a 10 user RoadSync License.

•  
sonofcolin

Make sure you have the latest exchange client from Nokia. We have E61i's and have no problem with either the nokia client or roadsync. There isn't anything that needs to be set. I think that you still need to have http running even if you're using https.
  •  
lythaby

Yup, new version has sent item ability, it was loaded with the old version from new, thanks Nokia.

Still no server address book lookup like RoadSync. But i think i will manually copy the public contacts to everyones kerio address book.

Thanks

Rich
  •  
germanr

it works fine. The only thing i can't solve is the loss of some contact data in the phone when sinchronising such as the Ringtone assignment and PTT numbers (that is information that Outlook does not have).

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
gjanssen

We have Nokia E-series 61 also here and I've noticed you need an older version of MailforExchange to make it work.

Regards,
Gerrit
  •  
lythaby

We've got version 1.6.1 of Mail For Exchage, and its working fine now, with KMS 6.4.0.

Its a shame the RoadSync allows global lookup, as thats the only thing lacking on the free MFE.
  •  
sonofcolin

Roadsync has many more features than MFI and is worth the asking price IMHO.
  •  
lythaby

Not really.

It allows GAL lookup on the server, and allows you to see the folders under your inbox.

Thats all AFAIK?.
  •  
sonofcolin

Yes, but the subfolder sync is worth the price alone!
  •  
AgentSmith

Has anybody tested KMS 6.5.1 with MailforExchange 2.5.3 or any other 2.5.x version? MfE 2.5 now fully supports Exchange 2007 but I was wondering if it also fixes push mail with KMS.

MfE tends to loose the connection with KMS when set at "as items arrive". The heartbeat keeps going up until the point where email messages simply do not get pushed through anymore despite KMS and MfE saying there is still a connection. Hopefully MfE 2.5.x has fixed that problem.
Previous Topic: iPhone-Blackberry
Next Topic: attack external
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:43:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.