Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unattended &| Automatic installation of KOC&KSP
  •  
shufflez

Send a private message to this user
Guys,

I was getting a bit tired of having to manually install KOC on our users computers (they tend to break and get them stolen a lot), so i started toying around with automated/unattended install for KOC which i didn't bothered to do before.

Just to let you know how i've done it (after some trial&error):

1. Download KOC (kerio-koc-6.4.x-XXXX-win.exe)
  2. Run: kerio-koc-6.4.x-XXXX-win.exe /a (watch for spaces in your path, then use "s around the file, but not the switch)
  3. Specify where you want your installation to go (typically your ClientInstall or RemInst folder or something similar)
  4. You'll find KerioOutlookConnector.msi and the "program files" folder
  5. Next, add the following to your remote installation script (or userlogon script or whatever):
    msiexec /i \\<server>\<ClientInstall>\KOC\KerioOutlookConnector.msi /passive
    (change the path to the MSI of course). Instead of /passive you can use: /q n|b|r|f (No, Basic, Reduced, Full UI, see link below)
  6. Voila, there you have you're automatic install. Next time there is a new version (and you will/can not use the auto-update), you just replace the MSI on your server and push the install again through policies or scripts.

Maybe it's already in the forum, but i could only find the AutoKOC method, which i didn't want to use because you still have to copy the files to the clients.

Just thought to let you know. Rolling Eyes
Greetz,

Shufflez Cool

P.S. All MSI-switches can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227091

[Updated on: Wed, 01 August 2007 11:31]

•  
campodoro74

Working perfectly, thank you for taking time to figure this out!
  •  
shufflez

No problem at all, glad to help!

Greetz!

P.S. This works for KSP too! Which we now use while awaiting KOCOM (Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Mode)... Razz (No intent to start another Offline mode discussion here! Rolling Eyes )
  •  
DSARick

Thank you very much!!!! You made my day!

Why doesn't Kerio support have this solution? When I called they said this couldn't be done. I knew there had to be a way.
  •  
shufflez

Wow, another happy reaction Smile
Good to see that my spare-time activities are well-received! Very Happy

Strange though that Kerio says it's not possible when in fact it's quite easy! (As you can clearly see Cool)
Previous Topic: Outlook + KOC - Calendar name
Next Topic: Automatic login Webmail with 6.4.1 problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 13:53:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.