Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple Archive files
  •  
FFPR IT

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i use the archiv function of the KMS. All archives are written once a week and are compressed. A normal archivs size is between 1.6 to 1.9 GB. nearly every second archiv is stored two times. so i have files like this:

2007-W04.zip
2007-W05.1.zip
2007-W05.zip
2007-W06.1.zip
2007-W06.zip
2007-W07.1.zip
2007-W07.zip

The .1-files are allways less big than the coressponding file and are written a short time after the first file is written. Depending on file size every archiv thats first file is 1.9 GB big, it has a second .1-file.

So whats about these archiv files? Is ther some kind of limitation to the filesize of an archiv, so is has to be split into more smaller files?

Thanks for leaving a note.
MacSEK
  •  
sedell

Some drive formats/OSs have a 2GB limit on a single file. Archives and backups are broken up to prevent hitting that limit.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

Scott is right.

But if you're confident your OS/file system/unzip program/etc. do not have any problems with files larger than 2Gb, you can change this setting under the 'Advanced...' button in the 'Backup-tab' of 'Archiving & Backup' in the 'Kerio MailServer Administration Console'.
  •  
jeanlau

Hi !

sorry it's a very very old thread but I would like my system not splitting my backup files, my storage is able to manage very bigs files and this feature is unnecessary for me and with all these files I'm lost, I largely rather every backup using only one file.
I tried thru the web interface to disable this setting but it is not allowed, I tried to increase the size but it is no allowed neither...
Apparently the only thing we can do is asking for even more little files but that's all...

Please if someone achieve to disable this setting can you tell how ?

Thank you in advance
regards,
Previous Topic: Splitting Backup Files
Next Topic: Outlook: Using primary (alias) address for replies and forwards
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 23:19:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.