Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Configure Kerio and μtorrent
  •  
SFreak

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've spent 3 hours with searching the internet, how to setup Kerio WinRoute Firewall for uTorrent - no luck tho'.
Without a router, what is the step-by-step method of setting up the application?
Thanks. Cheers,
  •  
Woeka

In utorrent go to options>preferences>connections and find out which port utorrent is using.
Then go to the admin from kerio firewall and make a new service called utorrent at configurations>definitions>services> with protocol utp, any source port, and use as destination port the port utorrent is using.
Finally go to traffic policy and add a new line, use for source your internet connection, destination firewall, Service utorrent and allow.

Happy sharing Smile
  •  
SFreak

Thanks for your reply, Woeka. Highly appreciated.
But it doesn't work for me. Need some more help.

It's quite clear what to do under configurations > definitions > services. You probably wanted to say UDP as a protocol, not UTP here, didn't you? And Protocol inspector is "(none)" here?

At Traffic Policy, when you say "my internet connection" under Source, do you mean the IP address of the LAN-card?
And what about the new Kerio VPN adapter - under Network Connections in Windows?

Destination i picked "Firewall host", and under Action I picked Permit.

But I always got the below message when I run the Adminsitration under Kerio: Multiple default gateways detected! - is this the reason why utorrent is still blocked to me?
I have 2 LAN-card on my motherboard, one is connected directly to my ISP's modem (i used this IP address for Source under Traf.Pol., and the other is connected to my second machine via a Netgear router. I use the IP address of the first ethernet card as for Source under Traffic policy.
What did I go wrong? Thanks so much for the support.
Cheers,
index.php?t=getfile&id=1045&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 24 July 2007 12:47]

•  
Woeka

I'm using TCP instead of UDP, for the source I use my pppoe connection and local area connection. The first is connected to my IP which can be found with www.whatismyip.com, the second is my local IP address.

Maybe you also have to forward a port on your modem/router?
  •  
Henning

Hi..

SFreak wrote on Tue, 24 July 2007 12:45

But I always got the below message when I run the Adminsitration under Kerio: Multiple default gateways detected! - is this the reason why utorrent is still blocked to me?

This is the reason, Look in manual for gateway settings (Chap 22.1 page 343)

Please note that opening ports lower your safety, and unless you provide a web/ftp/mail/ect. server service you shouldn't do that.

/Henning

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2007 00:08]

•  
SFreak

Thanx, I've found it in the manual, but it's in the Chap 23.1 page 365.

Anyway, as I disabled my second built-in LAN controller (NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP built-in dual Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY), the message has gone. But I need this second LAN to have enabled, since I need to connect to my other machine while I'm surfing or downloading. Later I deleted the Default gateway from this manually configured second LAN, and the message is still gone, so it seems this problem is solved.

But my base problem with uTorrent (v1.7.1) is still persistant, it's fully blocked, no upload or download.
  •  
Woeka

Can you make a nice picture with your network because it's not clear for me now how your machine is connected to the Internet.

Did you forward the port you are using on the NETGEAR router?

Henning wrote on Wed, 25 July 2007 00:03

Please note that opening ports lower your safety, and unless you provide a web/ftp/mail/ect. server service you shouldn't do that.

Well .. opening ports for a service like DC++ can not do much harm When you want to be save you should not connect your computer to the Internet at all.
  •  
Henning

SFreak wrote on Wed, 25 July 2007 11:36

Thanx, I've found it in the manual, but it's in the Chap 23.1 page 365.

yup in the latest, sorry Cool

Anyway, as I disabled my second built-in LAN controller (NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP built-in dual Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY), the message has gone. But I need this second LAN to have enabled, since I need to connect to my other machine while I'm surfing or downloading. Later I deleted the Default gateway from this manually configured second LAN, and the message is still gone, so it seems this problem is solved.

You may have as many (at least 2) enabled cards, but only one where gateway is defined.

But my base problem with uTorrent (v1.7.1) is still persistant, it's fully blocked, no upload or download.

You need to configure Kerio:
Any -> Firewall -> map to local ip + service
AND
Local ip + service -> Firewall -> Any (nat)
in order to have the setup working. (chap 6.4 uses a WEB as an ex. but it's same method)
And still if there is any other eq. with router function it also needs to configured.
Woeka wrote on Wed, 25 July 2007 13:06

Well .. opening ports for a service like DC++ can not do much harm

Hmmm file sharing and firewalls Cool Normally not the wanted behavior form a Admin point of view Laughing
/Henning

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2007 13:50]

•  
SFreak

Thank you guys for the support. Smile
"I have 2 LAN-card on my motherboard, one is connected directly to my ISP's modem".
At the moment I only use the router for connecting my 2 PC at home. My first LAN on the mobo goes directly to ISP's modem - no router between the LAN card and the modem.

• Attachment: Network.png
    (Size: 54.53KB, Downloaded 945 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2007 13:50]

•  
Woeka

Hum looks like you've got the right source and destination ... you can always try to allow the utorrent port for any source and any destination just to check if that is the problem for utorrent, when its working you can tryu to restrict it until it stops working. At least then you know where the problem is.
[dumb question]Without kerio firewall, utorrent works fine?? [\dumb question]
Did you also use the port check function in utorrent?

/me is his own user and admin Smile
  •  
SFreak

Yep, without Kerio it worx like a charm... Very Happy
Yep, I always try the "Test if port is forwarded properly" button in uTorrent after every change in Kerio's setup.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2007 14:48]

•  
SFreak

Woeka wrote on Wed, 25 July 2007 14:36

...you can always try to allow the utorrent port for any source and any destination just to check if that is the problem for utorrent

Setting Kerio's Source and Destination to "Any" under Traffic Policy it's working. But setting the specific port number as Source and "Firewall host" as Destination - as you suggested - it just doesn't.
Any idea guys, why?
Previous Topic: Authenticate users with login script
Next Topic: Multiple Outgoing VPN Connects from LAN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:59:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00522 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.