Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Auto Expunging
  •  
tomn68

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way in webmail to automate the expunge function?

I have an iphone which I know isn't the best in terms business use but it's so close for those that have this (including myself) in our small office.

With an imap account, emails deleted on the iphone show in webmail with a strike through. Until they are expunged, Entourage will still show them in the inbox.

If there was a method to automatically expunge emails, I would be able to stay in sync (not sure about moving emails to folders) without having to log into webmail to expunge. I've seen the workarounds for Outlook as well as writing VB scripts to have a button to do this but the iphone isn't that flexible.
  •  
winkelman

This is the way IMAP is supposed to work. Thus the iPhone IMAP-client should have the expunge function itself. (Obviously you need a way to 'really' delete emails, also from the phone itself, since that may the the only client you use to access a particular mailbox.) Perhaps it's not an auto-expunge, but a manual expunge should be there...

AFAIK there's no auto-expunge function on the mail server. If the iPhone cannot expunge, you'd have to log into Webmail occasionally to do the expunging from there.
  •  
tomn68

Thanks

Looks like there's a setting on the phone to delete messages after one day, week, month. Could be that it was expunging but I never noticed since I end up hopping back and forth from the phone to entourage and deleting from entourage along the way.

I'll give it a test and wait 24 hours and see what happens.

Previous Topic: How can I add users from my program?
Next Topic: De-install KMS??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:54:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.