Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » webmail won't work off site
  •  
szarcensky

Send a private message to this user
So we just installed kerio as our in-house mail server, and everything was working great. After about a day or two, we lost access to webmail from the outside. The DNS records had been set for days already, so it shouldn't be a prorogation issue. Webmail still comes up fine if you go to it from in-house, so the service is definitely running. I tried a tracert and it never seems to get there. Any ideas what might be wrong?
  •  
rleslie70

sounds like it might be a firewall issue. you can try connecting to see if you can connect to kerio's public ip port 443 for webmail, both inside and outside your network.
  •  
szarcensky

Apparently if I connect to https instead of http it works. But now a lot of the links don't use https so it'll break if you reply to mail, for example.

But this still doesn't make sense to me, since it worked without doing this a few days earlier. It's like the program changes without my actually changing any settings.
  •  
rleslie70

you can make sure you have port 80 open on your firewall going to your email server. However, i would prefer ssl as at least the user's email pw's are encrypted while connecting.
  •  
szarcensky

What you're missing is that it worked for a few days and then stopped without my making any changes. If port 80 were closed, it would never have worked.
  •  
rleslie70

Well, how are you trying to connect from the outside? by ip address or by name. I understand that it was working and now it's not. but if you can connect to webmail on the inside of your network, then i don't think it's a kerio issue...but a firewall issue. what kind of firewall are you using?
  •  
szarcensky

I've tried name and IP, same results. I can't even tracert to it. But my MX records point to the same name, and we're receiving mail fine, so it's clearly resolving to the correct IP.

We're using sonicwall I think.
  •  
ccjwells

do you have any other software running on your mail server?
  •  
rleslie70

who is your internet provider? is it a t-1 or dsl? you might check with them and make sure they haven't started blocking port 80...kind of unusual that they would but you never know.

another thing you might try is if your company has a webserver, can you get to that on port 80?

if you telnet to your mailserver from the outside, do you get a response?

telnet 'your mailserver's ip' 25
telnet 'your mailserver's ip' 80 and so forth.........
Previous Topic: SpamAssassin updating, etc.
Next Topic: LDAP Server "No Matches found"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:22:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.