Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Experiences on TS environment
  •  
rinzwind

Send a private message to this user
Can anyone else comment on experiences running Outlook (in my case 2000) and KOC on a Windows terminal server environment?

Users have random problems with stuck mail in outbox and mapi_e_timeout errors. KOC_HiddenWnd not responding message when logging off while Outlook.exe still hangs in the background.

Antivirus solution is NOD32, which is known to be working perfectly well in a TS environment. The EMON and IMON modules are disabled. Only component running is AMON (on access scanner) setup to scan selected extensions.

I heard from Kerio support that TS is officialy not supported.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2007 15:35]

•  
sjourney

We have a large TS environment (citrix) and have had little to no problems with KOC (knock on wood). Probably have about 30-40 users right now on the same server... If you can get into some details of your environment maybe we can help?????

We also run Nod32 with emon disabled. its a must...

Also User profile hive cleanup is a must for most TS environment. might help your hanging outlook.exe's.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2007 17:45]

•  
rinzwind

Windows 2003 Standard SP2
Office 2000 Prof incl. Lookout add-on (search functionality)
Low amount of simultanious users (max 5 or so)
Already deinstalled and rerun setup of Office (the TS way) and KOC.
Today I "removed" (it's not loaded) ctfmon.exe (part of Office, speech and handwriting recognition) which is related to some TS problems.

What version of Outlook do you use? Some users see the problem only once in weeks, others multiple times a week or even day.

Profile cleanup is installed. There are some restrictive policies in use for users.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2007 17:59]

•  
sjourney

We have Win2000 ts servers running office 2003. did not have kerio back when we had office 2000. Have you always had lookout? that could be your problem? and kerio does not support it.
  •  
rinzwind

Yesterday I removed Office 2000, run the Office 2003 resource kit removal tool, removed KOC, removed Lookout and reinstalled Office 2000, KOC, Lookout.
This morning a user again did have problems with stuck e-mail. Killing processes Outlook.exe and MAPISP32.exe is fixing it until the next time.
Lookout is setup to index with low priority (and it's not realtime). The same tool is installed on the desktops. No problems there.
Before Kerio the backend was Exchange 2000 SBS and it worked okay.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2007 10:04]

•  
rinzwind

I temporary removed Lookout, problem remains. I temporary disabled NOD32, problem remains.

I found out that the problem is fairly reproducable. Just begin forwarding mail (less than 10 times) and the error dialog popups: E_MAPI_TIMEOUT.
  •  
rinzwind

Well, installed Outlook 2003. Problems went away. Also with Outlook 2000 the spam/not spam buttons are not enabled on the TS. With 2003 they are! So there are problems with Outlook 2000/KOC/TS.
  •  
rinzwind

Just so Kerio knows:
Every time I open the options dialog another disabled spam/not spam button is added...
  •  
sjourney

me to!! BUG!!! will be submitting a ticket.
  •  
thaddl

I have reported the extra spam toolbar problem the other day. It has already been submitted as a bug.

Here was there response.

We have reported this issue as a bug. The Kerio bug number is 25783. There is no timeline on its fix at this time, but you will be contacted when it is corrected.
  •  
sjourney

WOW this is a 6.4.1 bug not a TS bug I had not been into any of those menus since the upgrade. Tried it on my local PC and get same results. NICE
  •  
Previous Topic: KSP will not install on Standard user in Vista
Next Topic: Batch Creation of Users in Kerio 5.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:33:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.