Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » NAT Timeout???
  •  
maxmax20

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is it possible that kerio Winroute firewall closes NAT port after a certain time of inactivity?? If yes, is it possible to change this time to a higer timeout???

greetings Mark
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

maxmax20 wrote on Wed, 03 March 2004 21:25

Hi,

is it possible that kerio Winroute firewall closes NAT port after a certain time of inactivity?? If yes, is it possible to change this time to a higer timeout???

greetings Mark

Hello Mark,

Yes, it's true.

The timeout setting can be changed in configuration file. Stop Winroute, edit the "winroute.cfg" file and search for the following values (they are in "Firewall" section): DefaultTcpTimeout and DefaultUdpTimeout. Timeout can be in minutes, default value is 40 minutes for TCP and 8 minutes for UDP protocol. However, there are some services with different timeout which cannot be changed (DNS, FTP, SNMP, NTP).

Please be sure, you know WHAT you are doing and WHY you are doing it.
  •  
maxmax20

hi. thanks for that. i will trz this.
we are using a voice transmitting software which uses a udp port. if one side doesnt transmit for a longer time, no connection can be established. i hope this solved our problem.

greetings
Mark
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

maxmax20 wrote on Wed, 03 March 2004 21:52

hi. thanks for that. i will trz this.
we are using a voice transmitting software which uses a udp port. if one side doesnt transmit for a longer time, no connection can be established. i hope this solved our problem.

greetings
Mark

Does your voice software use SIP or H.323 protocol?
KWF is able to handle these protocols and allows VoIP software to run from behind the firewall transparently.
  •  
maxmax20

hi,

no its only using udp ports. but i will try to get more information on it.
greetings
Mark
Previous Topic: REQ: Socks v5 and v4 server
Next Topic: Web pages contain missing content (pics mainly)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:45:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.