Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Help with calendar subscription with iCal, getting 1 hour event difference
  •  
shaids

Send a private message to this user
Hi, can someone shed some light on my problem.
What I?m trying to achieve is to setup 20 users so we can all see each other calendars.
Kerio 6.4.1 is setup and running on 10.4.10 mac. we can email in and out ok and we use Entourage?s calendar to enter events/meeting into.
I'm trying to setup iCal and subscribing to kerio calendars so we can view each other calendars. I've gone into web mail and shared everyone's calendar with reader privileges but when I setup iCal everyone?s events in iCal are out by 1 hour.
Date and time are setup correctly on all mac?s. I?ve even contacted kerio support and they have done some tests and have even subscribed to our calendars and they come up in theirs iCal correctly.
Kerio have said there is no problem with the server and so must be a problem with the clients. I?ve tried subscribing from a different location but there were still out by 1 hour.
At a desperate attempt to find where the problem lies I tried downloading Sunbird from Mozilla and setup subscription calendars and that worked correctly and all the events were the correct time. We still want to use iCal and I don?t see why Sunbird will work but iCal won?t. I?ve been at this for 2 days Mad now and can someone please help. Smile
Thanks

•  
jjprusk

I have run into exactly the same problem (and have reported it). Have you upgraded to the newest version (6.4.1)? I have only tested with 6.4.0 and the same problem occured for me as well. It messed up my calendars so badly that I had to stop using KSC.
  •  
shaids

Hi jjprusk

Thanks for the responce.

I've upgraded to 6.4.1 but it's still the same. I've reported it to Kerio but say the server is running ok as they have subscribed to our calendar using iCal.
  •  
cyberkare

In iCal Preferences there is an option to turn on time zone support. This may address the 1 hour difference.
  •  
shaids

I've tested iCal with and without time zone support but still no luck
  •  
jjprusk

I've tried all of these combinations with no luck as well. My test case was simply 2 Mac clients and Kerio running on a Linux system. I checked all of the time settings (both on the systems and the apps) and this was a reproducible problem. And yes, I did submit a ticket and it couldn't be reproduced...
  •  
shaids

I've contacted Kerio again and have explaned that we are desprate now and kerio have said they will conact the devlopers now. I'll see what happens next week.
  •  
andy.korn

Was this ever resolved, it's quite a serious bug. I still can't get events to show correctly, although interestingly actually highlighting the event will still show the correct time details in the info panel.
  •  
chrism69

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having exactly the same issue. Server and Sync connectors have all been updated to 6.5.0 patch 1, clients all Macs running 10.4 or 10.5.

Only seems to be subscribed calenders that are incorrect.

As an example - on one machine I added an event to the Entourage calender. It appears fine in Entourage and iCal, but when I subscribed the user to her own Calendar in iCal the event was an hour out!

Have checked times and zones on the Server, Macs, web client, iCal, Entourage and there's nothing I can see that is causing this. The fact that all appears ok until the subscription element is introduced suggests that there may be something in the webcal service that is behind it, but i can't find any manageable settings.

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm new to Kerio having come from an Exchange environment, so it could be something simple!

Chris

•  
shaids

Sorry to put a downer on it but i've tried every thing and while it works in winter time OK Kerio iCal sync just doesn't work in summer time. I contacted Kerio support who contacted second line support and i went through everything possible and they came to conclusion that iCal in 10.4 was to blame. I even tried Sunbird but that just messes up Kerio calanders. If you are using 10.5 iCal is a lot better and you can use the CalDav connection instead if Syncing.
Hope this helps
  •  
chrism69

Do you think that if I convince my client to upgrade everything to 10.5 it'll all work ok? Very Happy
  •  
jshaw541

http://thefragens.com/blog/2008/04/ical-exchange-time-zone-f ix/

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed by any vendors after such a long period. I recently noticed this one biting me in the arse with missed appointments.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
chrism69

Can't believe it - 6.5.1 update fixed my issue!

Although on the flip side it seems to have broken iCal users receiving invites from Entourage. Yep, you just knew it - they go into iCal an hour ahead.

Arrrrrghh! Mad
Previous Topic: KOFF 6.5.1 not syncing all items in a public contact folder
Next Topic: Can Not Post Form to Public Folder (or subfolder)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:33:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.