Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multiple Outgoing VPN Connects from LAN
  •  
sirkirby

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm currently using a Dlink vpn firewall solution on my netowrk but am having several difficulties with it which has prompted my evaluation of the winroute.

my scenario is this: I have multiple workstations on a natted lan. More than 1 workstation at a time needs to be connected to the same pptp VPN endpoint (via the windows vpn client). Now, with my dlink, the first vpn connection works fine, but when the second connection is made, it wipes out the first one altogether. So far, i've been told that this is a limitation of my current dlink solution...now, if thats true, can winroute accommodate this scenario?

Thank you,

Chris
  •  
sirkirby

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Please let me know your thoughts...

Thank you,

Chris
  •  
winkelman

Is that using IPSec? I believe most NAT routers (all?) can only handle one IPSec connection at the time.

I believe this also holds true for WinRoute Firewall, but I'm not entirely sure on that. I'm not entirely sure IPSec has anything to do with your problem, either Cool.
  •  
sirkirby

I feared that might be the case...The 2 connections from the LAN are using authenticated PPTP to connect to the VPN endpoint.
  •  
winkelman

See here: http://www.kerio.eu/manual/kwf/en/ch15s03.html
Seems there's no 'one connection passthrough limit' with WinRoute.

Still: does Windows VPN client actually use IPSec?
  •  
sirkirby

It can, if you select L2TP IPSec as the VPN Type. But in my case, the VPN type is PPTP, which does not use an IPSec key or certificate.
  •  
sirkirby

Thanks for the link! It essentially describes exactly what i want to do, with the exception of using IPSEC tunnels instead of PPTP. I'll have to contact the endpoint VPN administrator to see if its possible to set up an IPSEC tunnel/server....I know their using Windows server 2003 as their vpn server, and i do believe it supports this.
  •  
sirkirby

Well, according to the admin, they have other remote locations just using store bought consumer linksys and smc firewall/routers. and all are supporting multiple connections from the lan using the PPTP windows client. So, at this point, i see no reason why Winroute wouldn't support this.

So, no one by the DLINK DFL-700 Sad
Previous Topic: Configure Kerio and μtorrent
Next Topic: HTTPS sends to Kerio VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 12:54:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.