Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio+FTP
  •  
darsh2007

Send a private message to this user
we can't use ftp from local net to public. in local area we have ftp-server, in which we can access bouth from inet and local net. but when we try to access to any ftp outside localnet (421 Service not available (The FTP server is not responding.) In debug we see "Permit FTP: "ftp" ". When i uninstall kerio winroute firewall and reinstall RoutingAndRemoteAccess - all ftp work good. I make rules with wizard. Anybody can help me?
  •  
winkelman

Look at the Traffic Policies and check there if the FTP protocol is allowed for traffic from LAN to Internet...

(Perhaps it's wise to take some time to read the manual as well...)
  •  
darsh2007

i check policy twice. I have this rules. any more ideas?
  •  
winkelman

Are people logged into the firewall (if required), before trying to FTP? The way I set it up here, users need to login through a browser before FTP-ing...
  •  
darsh2007

Yes. I can browse WWW from computer. But cant browse FTP, ordinary ftp, when ftp started on port other than 21 - i can login on it.
  •  
winkelman

darsh2007 wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 06:26

But cant browse FTP, ordinary ftp, when ftp started on port other than 21 - i can login on it.

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying... (Network) Firewalls are port-based devices. So of course, if the FTP server is not running on standard port 21, you can't connect to it. Then you'd need to open up the port the remote FTP server is working on.

•  
darsh2007

i can connect to ftp server which started on port 2121 for example. i cannot connect to ftp server outside localnet on port 21.
  •  
darsh2007

Topic is closed. I found solution. it is because i install NOD32. when i uninstall it - all work fine. Thanks.
Previous Topic: blocking yahoo messegner
Next Topic: Using VPN Client instead KWF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:38:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.