Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Meeting reminders that NEVER go away!!!
  •  
scubaman99

Send a private message to this user
I am running Kerio 6.4 and Outlook 2007

I have a very anoying problem with meeting reminders. When some meeting reminders pop up... they NEVER GO AWAY...

i.e. A meeting reminder will pop up. Clicking on Dismiss All OR Dismiss doesnt do anything... When i click either of those two buttons, the meeting reminder goes away for a second or two then it pops back up... NO MATTER how many times I click on Dismiss All or Dismiss... the reminder always comes back.

Clicking on Open this item has issues as well. i get an error that says that the original message has been removed and is no longer accessable....

Does anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you get rid of it. While not a P1 issue, it is EXTREAMLY annoying... as i can never get rid of that window... I litterally have to work with the meeting reminder open all day.

BTW this doesnt happen for all meeting reminders... just randomly at least one meeting reminder a day decideds that it wants to stay open all the time

[Updated on: Tue, 07 August 2007 20:59]

•  
ptireland

We have this same issue, and it's really bothering some of our users.
  •  
rinzwind

Try deleting the problem meetings in webmail (list view). Are they leftovers from imports?
  •  
ptireland

We tried that. But when you create the Calendar item again, you get the same problem. We need the calendar item and reminder for a reason. It just keeps popping up over and over no matter how many times we dismiss it. It's a recurring task so we can't delete it.
  •  
Till Heppner

Oh yes, we have the same problem. But it`s since KMS 6.5.2 and iPhone Sync. Entourage 2008 displays the reminders every 5 minutes Sad

•  
Will Mayall

There is an issue like that appears to be specific to using an iPhone 2.0 or iPod Touch 2.0. It is discussed here.

I never saw this problem before 6.5.2 and the iPhone.

Will Mayall
  •  
cschubert

I have the same problem.

kerio 6.5.2

iphone 3g 2.0

and entourage 2008 or apple mail 3.3

kind regards,
Christian
  •  
bccinc

Same problem. Happens in webmail, iCal (CalDAV) and Sunbird (CalDAV). Very annoying. I have clients on this new version who will start to complain very soon. Please resolve as soon as possible. Thank you.
  •  
Will Mayall

If this is happening with an account that is using an iPhone, try dismissing the event on the iPhone and unchecking the reminder on the iPhone. It's a bit of a pain but my experience is that it does truly dismiss the event.

Will Mayall
  •  
talkinggoat

Same problem here, but with webmail.
  •  
htruong

Same. I'm getting repeated calendar reminders. I am not happy with Kerio. Anytime an executive asks me anything about Kerio, I tell 'em Kerio is not enterprise ready. We will switch to Exchange on the spot if I can.
  •  
maren

We're experiencing the same thing. Administrative assistants are trying like crazy to delete the reoccurring meetings, but it's very annoying to our VP/CEO users.

Using: new iPhones, Outlook 2007 + Kerio Outlook Connector. Also noticed issue with Outlook 2003.
  •  
glindsay

I've been having this problem for several years and cannot figure it out. I am not using Kerio but I am using Outlook 2003 and ActiveSync and synching calendar entries between two computers. The reminders are inconsistent but I can sometimes have as many as 32 reminders from as far back as a year ago. If I dismiss them they come back shortly afterwards. Not necessarily all of them come back, but many do. And some are duplicated within the same reminder list. When I go to that day I see that the calendar entry has been duplicated for as many times as I had dismissed the reminder.

Sometimes I ignore the reminders and some go away (total count may drop from 19 to 15 without me dismissing them), while sometimes they stay and multiply.

Any ideas how to resolve this? Deleting the duplicate calendar entries are only temporary. I tried running an Outlook calendar reset option but it didn't do anything.

Thanks!
  •  
jshaw541

The reminders issue is still not fixed with iPhone 2.1. I assume this is maybe a Kerio bug?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
winkelman

jshaw541 wrote on Fri, 12 September 2008 18:49

The reminders issue is still not fixed with iPhone 2.1. I assume this is maybe a Kerio bug?

That's a difficult question to answer. Who's to blame? If the iPhone is doing something strange and Kerio is able to make a workaround, because Kerio solves the problem, it may look like they were at fault. Which it doesn't necessarily have to be. Or you'd perhaps still call it Kerio's bug because a workaround exists that they haven't implemented (yet).

What I understand of this particular situation the above applies. The iPhone is not entirely properly updating some metadata fields in the appointments when items change on the phone, but Kerio will be able to implement a change in their software to workaround Apples quirk and stop it from causing issues.

(Don't shoot me if I've got this wrong Rolling Eyes )
Previous Topic: Daylight Savings Time - Issues with Kerio & iPhones
Next Topic: Problem email sending via SMTP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:21:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00556 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.