Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems with iSync connector and Open Directory based user accounts?
  •  
SteveU

Send a private message to this user
I've had trouble getting the iSync connector to work with (Open Directory) network based user accounts. For some reason it won't create the calendars in iCal regardless of a successful synchronization with the server.

This isn't the case for local user accounts. It works just fine on localized accounts.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

OS X 10.4 Server <---OD Master
OS X 10.4 Clients

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2007 02:42]

•  
SteveU

After many spent hours I think I figured out the problem.

In order to make iSync connector work with OpenDiectory based user accounts (network users) the account must be a "mobile account" on OS X Server. This is required in order for the account to have local access to it's corresponding "Library/Application Support" folder which contains the iSync, iCal and SyncServices data files used by the Kerio iSync Connector. If a user is configured as an OD "network user", those needed files are stored in their home directory but remain on the server. From my experience, if the account does not have local access to those files then iCal and Address Book will never populate the synchronized items.

Only a "mobile account" allows local access to those needed files since it synchronizes all user files to the local machine ("Library/ApplicationSupport" included).

[Updated on: Mon, 13 August 2007 17:52]

•  
Lyle M

Thanks for reporting this info SteveU.

We are currently testing iSync Connector for future deployment in a roaming profile environment. Most of our users will be mobile accounts, but there is always the possibility of someone logging into to an alternate workstation as a network account. This action would have been part of our testing process, but it's nice to get a head's up.

I would suggest you enter this as a support ticket anyway. It would be nice to have a groupware-style solution that works with non-synched roaming profiles. Entourage, with its monolithic database, is not an option for either type of roaming profile. As it stands now, webmail is our best option.

Cheers,
Lyle Millander
  •  
SteveU

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually got great support from Kerio on this matter and we determined that the problem wasn't attributable to Kerio iSync connector or KMS. In my case it was simply an OS X quirk.

Needless to say, iSync connector works great!! I can't wait for nested calendar support to be introduced.
  •  
nzer

Has there been any updates to Kerio Sync Connector to work with Network Home Folders? Does it still need to be setup as "Mobile Home Folders"?
Previous Topic: Run only Address book & iCal on 10.5 Server
Next Topic: Public calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:44:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.