Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Norton Antivirus Corporate
  •  
dustovich

Send a private message to this user

Hello,
When the mail server recieves messages with viruses in them, and the kerio antivirus system is disabled, the norton corporate goes and quarantines the files that are in the mail store. Is there any harmful effects to the mail server from this behaviour.

In the error log i get messages like this:
[04/Mar/2004 09:33:26] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open mail file C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store/mail/cougar-ridge.ca/user/INBOX /#msgs/00000493.eml in mode rb: (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Kerio Mailserver 5.7.5 on a Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks.

•  
Ctrl+Alt+Del

you will have to exclude these folders from scanning :)
quite simple, it's pointed out somewhere in the manual too

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2004 20:31]

•  
sidbarker

We have a similar problem with AVG being the AV software on the server (but not integrated within Kerio). No option I can find for excluding folders.
Anyone got any ideas?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

In case of AVG you cannot exclude directory, you must exclude files with CNM and EML extensions or disable resident shield completely.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
sidbarker

That is on v7, but we still had v6 installed (have now upgraded).

Thanks
  •  
sirjosi

sidbarker wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 03:58

That is on v7, but we still had v6 installed (have now upgraded).

Thanks

So everything is ok with you on avg 7? for me, sometimes the emails in the user directory are still sometimes deleted by the antivirus. When I turn off email scanning, it says the resident shield is disabled, so Im not sure if kerio/avg will scan the queue for viruses at all. Please suggest what setting I should use to avoid email viruses from getting to the user and being deleted from their mailbox. Once its deleted from their mailbox, they get an outlook error and I have to fix from the server.

Also, do I really have to say delete file for each infected item in the queue?

thanks
sirjosi

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
sidbarker

We found that you end up with lots of jobs in the "Mail Queue" screen, and messages piling up in the error log. Not a disaster, but tought to see other problems that might arrise.

We have upgraded to AVG v7 (allows you to not scan email messages).
Previous Topic: remove kerio from fotter on list messages
Next Topic: DIGEST-MD5 Authentication on 5.7.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:36:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.