Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HELP! missing emails from Public folders
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I've been using Kerio for several years now with no major problems until recently when one of my users noticed that all emails prior to 2007 were missing from many of our public folders. I thought at first it was a cache issue so I emptied the cache as I've done in the past, but no luck. I looked in the actual folders and the messages simply are not there any longer.
I am backing up the mail store every night through KMS and onto another server, but am NOT archiving any of the mail. My Windoze users are running Outlook with KOC and the Mac users are using Entourage X. AutoArchiving is turned off in Outlook.
I am definitely scratching my head here and hoping that we somehow haven't lost all that old email (some of it several years old).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

regards,

Justin
  •  
sedell

Can you see the mail if you log into webmail? There was a bug introduced with the 6.4.0 upgrade where certain mail couldn't be seen by Outlook using KOC (I'm not sure if it affected other clients like Entourage), but could be seen in webmail. The fix was to rename the properties.fld to properties.old and let KMS recreate the file. The problem is you lose certain settings, like the Outlook preview pane. This is supposed to fixed in 6.4.1.

Scott
  •  
monkeymissile

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the mail doesn't appear through webmail either. It seems so systematic, just email before 2007. Perhaps I should update to 6.4.1 anyway?
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

I looked in the actual folders and the messages simply are not there any longer.

I think you found the problem of you are looking through the mailstore on the server. No update will cure this. I would get in contact with Kerio support asap.
  •  
monkeymissile

got a call in already, thanks
Previous Topic: Bandwidth accounting and limiting
Next Topic: Help - mailserver service won't start (Linux)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:35:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.