Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » web authentication from the server itself and a web browser
  •  
linuxbox

Send a private message to this user
I have web authentication working properly with client pc's regarding login/logout. My problem though is with the server itself and it's app's and browser that needs access to websites etc etc. when i open up IE or firefox on the KWF server itself it requests a user/pass to continue. also i use Sophos Antivirus on the KWF server and it's automatic update feature won't update when i set the KWF to "always require users to authenticate when accessing webpages"

when i turn that off though it will update. is there something
i can do to let the firewall server itself not be required to enter a user/pass when viewing the web?

thanks.
  •  
winkelman

There is a user 'Firewall' and by default it's set to automatically login (see the user details). Did you change that?
  •  
linuxbox

winkelman wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 04:56

There is a user 'Firewall' and by default it's set to automatically login (see the user details). Did you change that?

user firewall? like a traffic policy or is this found somewhere
in the individual user settings? trying to locate this setting because i don't recall removing it.
  •  
linuxbox

still don't understand what "user firewall" is meaning here ; )
  •  
winkelman

It's a user called 'Firewall', it's created by default when you install KWF and it's also setup to login automatically on the firewall machine itself. But perhaps that's been changed...
  •  
linuxbox

yes i set the admin user to assume it always has the ip of the "firewall" and then that fixed that issue..thanks!
Previous Topic: FTP traffic: 421 Service not available (The FTP server is not responding.)
Next Topic: Kerio firewall and PAN over bluetooth
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:26:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.