Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF vs ISA
  •  
spockboy

Send a private message to this user
I would to start by saying that 1) this is the second time i've had to write this, because the preview button didn't work, and my session must've ended so i lost all the text. And 2) KWF is a good product.

Firstly, I am having troubles getting KWF to work in conjunction with IRCPlus (an IRC server) that is running on the same machine. Whenever my chat clients attempt to do soemthing particular (/nickserv services), KWF interferes somehow, and the chat client gets disconnected for no apparent reason. I am assuming this is a technical error, since I see no reason why this should be happening. Is this a known bug? I noticed i read before someone else was also having IRC woes.

Secondly, (more) bugs. I am also haunted with the unexpected shutdown bug. What is the point in having a firewall/routing product on your network, if it doesn't even work? I thought it was supposed to be a little more secure than that.

Thirdly, the missing feature that has stood out for a while now is bandwidth control. This is offered in most other products in this market, and I hope it gets implemented in this latest beta.

I would've thought that by adding features such as "P2P blocking", KWF was now being aimed right at corporate customers. But how can you expect KWF to compete in the corporate market when it "unexpectedly termintes" and has various other little bugs we have become known to live with?

If I remember corrently, KWF6 is due to be released in March, and ISA Server 2004 in April. Both products are running the same schedule. I have tried both betas, and i think KWF6 has a long way to come before it will worthwhile over ISA Server 2k4 in the long run.

I just want a firewall/routing solution that is simple to use, and works.

Anyway, thank you for a pretty good product. I hope it can improve further in the future. If there is anything I can do to help resolve any of these problems, I would be more than happy to. Smile

Cheers,
Dan. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Statistics
Next Topic: How to Log and Analyze each and every request ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:22:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00334 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.