Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nokia e61i cannot send mail through KMS 6.4.1
  •  
SethL

Send a private message to this user
We're testing a Nokia e61i with Mail for Exchange (both 1.x and the new-as-of-tonight 2.0) and cannot get the device to send messages through KMS.

There are no error messages or odd log entries either on the phone or the server. Messages queue up in the phone's outbox, the application tries sending, then re-queues the message for sending later. New incoming messages continue to arrive, but n outgoing messages may be sent.

Has anyone had this sort of experience with the Nokia MfE client?

Thank you.

Seth Long
Sound Publishing, Inc.
Tacoma, Washington
  •  
germanr

I use MfE since version 1.3 all the way to version 2.0 on a E61i and a N73 flawlessly. The new version 2.0 also syncs the tasks, you can search the global adress list and you can accept meeting requests.

It works well and it is free.

It is not perfect however. If you sync the contacts and set it that server wins, the assigned ringtones and Push to talk information will be erased on the phone on sync, as they are not fields that are supported in Outlook (this is quite reasonable).

The only thing that it doesn't sync is the notes thay you must do it with Nokia PC Suite.

Do you make a full resync the first time you run it?

Regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
SethL

I did perform the full resync when I installed 2.0 but that hasn't fixed the sending issue. Messages stay in the queue indefinitely, with nothing listed in the MfE or KMS logs.

My MfE profile is configured to use my full email address for my username (we have multiple domains configured on our server), the password is correct, and the domain name is correct. Incoming mail works ok, but push mail ("Always On") doesn't seem to work for more than one or two syncs before it fails with a mysterious "System failure, try again later" message, that leaves just this in the KMS warning log:

[19/Aug/2007 07:40:01] ActiveSyncAirSync::ProcessCollection: Invalid SyncKey VD0xOTcwMDEwMVQwMDAwMDBaO1U9MDtGPS0xO009MTs=, DeviceId: IMEI351878010033946, User: slong<_a.t_>soundpublishing.com, Collection: 1A76FAE0-5C5A-11DB-884E-000D939D8B4D, Folder: ~slong<_a.t_>soundpublishing.com/Contacts

I can't imagine that that would prevent me from sending mail but it's certainly giving me fits with my contacts.

Seth Long
Sound Publishing, Inc.
Tacoma, Washington
  •  
germanr

I dont have the username with the <_a.t_>domain end and it works without it. That is the domain setting in MfE for. Maybe that is the cause of the sending error.

For me, push email works only if I use unblocked ports. If you have only port 80 browsing on your mobile, you'll have to use scheduled email downloads. In my case I use it this way because unblocked port browsing is quite expensive per megabyte and WAP browsing is a flat rate.

German Ruiz
Home & Office Store
Uruguay

[Updated on: Sun, 19 August 2007 20:18]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
Previous Topic: KSP and AV
Next Topic: Webmail / MSIE7 / chinese : cannot reply mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:56:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.