Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exporting Kerio mail to local PST
  •  
jadam

Send a private message to this user
I currently run a Kerio Server (and plan on keeping it for the majority of my staff) but I am setting up an Exchange 2003 standard server for a limited number of power users.

How do I create a local pst file so I can copy the email into it. The average user has 3k to 5k emails saved in folders.

I have tried to add a new data file but the is no option to select to create the new pst file.

There has to be a way to move messages from the Kerio Store to a local pst (BTW local archiving doesn't work either) so I can import their email with the exchange migration wizard.

Thanks,
Joe

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2007 22:38]

•  
microalps

I'm assuming you are using Kerio KOC with Outlook 2003. Other variants may have similar but different steps. You should be able to do the following easily:

1) Click File > New > Outlook Data File
2) Choose Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) > OK
3) Open an existing PST file or enter a new file name
4) Drag every folder from KOC into the PST. You may want to use Outlook Folder view so you can get Contacts / Notes / Tasks / etc.
5) *IMPORTANT* Right click the data file and Click Close "Personal Folders". This is necessary for KOC to operate properly according to Kerio.

If you have difficulty that way, you're best bet is probably to create a new profile with IMAP access to Kerio. Then drag and drop like normal...

•  
thaddl

I've done this numerous time when we migrated people from KOC to just POP. We did this on about 80 or so users with no problems and with accounts several gigs.

With outlook open
File -> Import and Export...
Select "Export to a file"
click "Next"
Select "Personal Folder File (.pst)"
click "Next"
Select "Kerio Outlook Connector Store"
check the box that says "Include Subfolders"
click "Next"
Browse to an exsisting .pst file or type a new path to create a new pst file.
Click finish.
A 1 GB profile took about 20 minutes or so.

Hope this helps.

Previous Topic: .
Next Topic: Importing emails from OE
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:25:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.