Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » FTP traffic: 421 Service not available (The FTP server is not responding.)
  •  
Erik701

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm a very happy Kerio WinRoute (6.3.1) user. I'm using it mainly to provide internet access to my LAN, with the possibility to filter traffic, and monitor users.
But, since I implemented it, I can't access any FTP server from behind the firewall, not even from the firewall machine itself, which is connected directly to a cable modem with one of the interfaces.
Every FTP server I try, gives the same error message:
Quote:

Connecting to ftp.belnet.be
Connected to ftp.belnet.be -> IP=193.190.198.20 PORT=21
421 Service not available (The FTP server is not responding.)
Connection failed
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

I don't have any rules blocking FTP traffic, all traffic is allowed. Also, no FTP policies are defined. I can't find anything related to those connections in the log files.

Anyone seen this behaviour before ? Any solution ?

thanks !

Erik

[Updated on: Wed, 22 August 2007 22:25]

•  
winkelman

Did you try 'passive mode' in your FTP client?
  •  
Erik701

Yes, I did. But Passive mode only affects transfers, whether it's enabled or not, i should still be able to connect.
Previous Topic: Local Traffic limitation
Next Topic: web authentication from the server itself and a web browser
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:53:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.