Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Importing emails from OE
  •  
Carlo

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

we are testing the trial version of KMS 6.4.1
This is the first time we will implement a mail server in our company
At the moment we are using remote POP3 server for every mail box provided by our ISP.
We need to migrate old emails stored in Outlook Express to KMS
How can we do it?

Some more questions:

-is there any way to leave a copy of downloaded messages in the remote POP3 server the same way it can be done with OE?

-cound't find an outbox in Kerio Webmail. Are webmail users forced to send messages immeditely or is there anyway to let outgoing messages be put in stand-by waiting for delivery?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Carlo
  •  
planeetta

Quote:

We need to migrate old emails stored in Outlook Express to KMS
How can we do it?

Set up the users in Kerio and after that add them as IMAP accounts to Outlook Express. Then your users can simply drag and drop messages to Kerios inbox folder. If you want still keep copies in Outlook Express you can also select all messages and then "Edit" -> "Copy to folder" and you're set.

Quote:

-is there any way to leave a copy of downloaded messages in the remote POP3 server the same way it can be done with OE?

I think this is not possible with Kerio but I could be wrong. But in anyway I would not recommend this as you will have the messages stored in your own server and you can back up it easily.

Quote:

-cound't find an outbox in Kerio Webmail. Are webmail users forced to send messages immeditely or is there anyway to let outgoing messages be put in stand-by waiting for delivery?

At least I have the folder (outbox) and I think it can be used if you are not with a continious internet connection and need to schedule the sendings.

Hope this helps,

Lauri
  •  
Carlo

Set up the users in Kerio and after that add them as IMAP accounts to Outlook Express.
[cut]

thanks!!!
It worked!

Quote:

At least I have the folder (outbox) and I think it can be used if you are not with a continious internet connection and need to schedule the sendings.

that sounds strange to me.....I do not really have Outbox folder in my Kerio Webmail.....
what version are you using??

many thanks in advance

Carlo
  •  
planeetta

Quote:

that sounds strange to me.....I do not really have Outbox folder in my Kerio Webmail.....
what version are you using??

Actually I have probably given you misinformation. There is no Outbox folder in Kerio like that.

My Outbox folder was created by the push-email client RoadSync and thus appeared also on my webmail.. I checked with another user and there was no Outbox - the messages go directly to Kerios mailqueue and will be sent from there according to your schedule you have set-up (if not using fixed line when the messages could simply be delivered right away).

Lauri
Previous Topic: Exporting Kerio mail to local PST
Next Topic: Slow Kerio MailServer responses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:14:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.