Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from Exchange to Kerio
  •  
chucky2305

Send a private message to this user
Hey Guys,
i need help at migrating from my Exchange to Kerio Mail Server.
i want to move all mails, contacts, calender items and so on to kerio.
has anyone an idea how to do this?

THANKS A LOT
  •  
germanr

You must use the Kerio migration tool. You can get it in the download section. There are several ways.

Here is a whitepaper: http://www.kerio.com/kms_migration.html#exchange

Regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
cachedmode

Have you tested the KOC's performance thoroughly?
  •  
germanr

Do you mean in the migration or in the everyday use?

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
ccjwells

I think he means in everyday use.
  •  
germanr

The connector perfectly with the migration tool. In a couple of hours we migrated a 200 user exchange 5.5.

The normal day use of KOC is very commented in all the forums. It has been improved a lot since its introduction 2 years ago. However many of us are waiting for the famous offline cache in order to improve performance.

In my opinion KOC's performance is the only drawback of KMS against Exchange. But there are many benefits (administration, AV integration, antispam, etc...)

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
cachedmode

I meant in everyday use & particularly with mailboxes over 300mb.

•  
germanr

I find it usable and have mailboxes of up to 4 Gigs. However and although it is not recommended I use Google Desktop to index my emails so i can search them fast.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
chucky2305

sorry guys,
i forget some important information.
I Use Kerio mail on xserve from apple!
I know that i should had said it before, but i was in a hurry.
  •  
shaggie16

Hmmmmm!

How many users are there?
Somebody will probably suggest an easier method than this, but you could run exmerge on the exchange server to export all the mailboxes to PST files, then set up an outlook client with the KOC installed, connect it to user1 on the your KMS apple server, then import the pst for that user.

Then change the user info to user2 and import for that user.

Hence why I asked how many users there are. I have not seen an automated tool to do this to an apple server.
I normally use iMAP sync when migrating to Kerio, but obviously that is only useful for email folders, not calendar, tasks, contacts etc.
  •  
My IT Indy

Doesn't the migration utility run on the Exchange server? It doesnt' matter what platform your KMS is running on.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
shaggie16

ah, a good point! Never tried it to an apple server though.
  •  
My IT Indy

I did a few years ago and with a couple of exceptions it went smoothly. I just ran into problems with people who had 20K plus messages in their trash they didn't want to lose. Don't ask.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
rinzwind

I used exmerge to create pst files from Exchange 2000 mailboxes. Be prepared to get corrupt/garbage e-mails when trying to copy items from these pst's to the Kerio inbox. Also, internal from addresses are formatted in the Exchange LDAP way, so useless with Kerio. I left the PST open as a personal folder. An empty new inbox.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2007 16:42]

shaggie16

Nasty. Never had that problem to be honest, but obviously all circumstances are different.

Well I have to say, as I'm having a diabolical afternoon, the earlier comment about 20,000 items in the deleted items that people didn't want to lose made me chuckle! Laughing Laughing
Previous Topic: Password on Startup
Next Topic: ActiveSyncAirSync::ProcessCollection: Invalid SyncKey
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:19:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00580 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.