Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Kerio 6.4.1
  •  
bhenderson

Send a private message to this user
I've seen about 2 other posts with he same error message when I attempt to use the Kerio Exchange Migration Tool 6.1.0b to move data from the Exchange Server 5.5 to KMS. It would be nice if there was a published solution somewhere as to how to go about handling this, instead of always reading the same answer to this problem: "Submit a ticket".

I am running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. SP3 on Windows 2000 Server SP4, with Outlook 2003 SP2 installed locally with KOC 6.4.1. Note: We are not using Active Directory, and the NT Domain is still NT 4 based.

While running the tool, I get the message from the tool:

"Unable to detect MS Outlook 2003.
UNICODE will not be fully supported during the migration. For full support of UNICODE during the migration, install the migration tool on the computer with MS Outlook 2003 already installed. If the migration tool is installed at a computer where MS Exchange is not running, it is necessary to specify name of the exchange server from which data will be migrated. The host must belong to the same domain as the MS Exchange server and the migration must be run under a user with rights for MS Exchange Server administration, Migration of messages in Unicode is possible only from MS Exchange 2003."

This message is really cryptic and has a couple contradictions. For example, "If the migration tool is installed at a computer where MS Exchange is not running, it is necessary to specify the name of the exchange server from which data will be migrated." Does this mean that migrations can be performed from another server, as long as Exchange is installed locally? If so, how do I go about specify the name of the Exchange server in the migration tool? Another thing - is UNICODE supported or not? I mean, is UNICODE is only supported for migrations from Exchange 2003?

Anyways, the Kerio Migration Tool allows the migration to go on, and detects the MAPI and KOC subsystems, and is able to read all mail boxes on the Exchange 5.5 server. When I attempt to migrate one or more mailboxes, the error at the end of the log that appears is:

ConfigureMsgStore(): ConfigureMsgServer() failed: Unknown error <0x8004140A>

I'd really hate to have to manually move 20 GB of mail data by hand using PST files and Outlook.

P.S. I already submitted a ticket last week about this....
  •  
bhenderson

Send a private message to this user
OK, so it turns out the Migration tool v6.1.0b depends on the Kerio Outlook Connector version 6.1.0 (not the latest version), which can be downloaded from http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kms/kerio-koc-6.1.4-946-win.ex e, and the manual for the migration tool is at http://www.kerio.com/manual/kemt/en/ch01s06.html.

Thank-you Brian at tech support....
Previous Topic: Importing GoDaddy SSL cert into KMS?
Next Topic: Problems sending email - "No greeting from remote host"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:14:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.