Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot open my mail server in the internet
  •  
jepoys

Send a private message to this user
hi!

I am new in configuring mal servers.When I have finshed install my kerio mail server. Then I try to access it, the only user can access my mail server are those user that in same domain.
And also when i access it on the internet. I can't access. Only on the local user. But i can recieve and send mail through local users only.

Anyone can give me an exact configuration on how to configure my kerio mail server.

Thank You,
Poenapi Cenas

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2007 08:49]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

See http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch15s01.html

Make sure that your DNS is configured properly (A, MX, PTR records) and incoming conenctions to KMS services (SMTP, IMAP, POP3, HTTP) are allowed on firewall.
  •  
jepoys

Thank you for answering my concerns.

I already allow all the ports in the firewall, my DNS configure already, but still i can't open my mail server in the internet. Is there any configuration I forgot?

Or I need to declare the ip range on the IP Address Groups?Also on relay control, do i need to enable the "User from Address Groups?
  •  
jepoys

Hi!

My 1st concern is ok now. I can now open my mail server in the internet.
And my another problem is, I cannot receive mails from other domain server? Is there any configuration for that?
  •  
DeadSet

Hi jepoys

What did you do to be able to access your mail server from the internet (from outside your LAN) ?
  •  
jepoys

I declare my domain (mail.example.com) DMX record from my isp. You can find that in your ISP account.
  •  
microalps

If I understood you correctly, you're having an issue with authentication for users on the non-primary domain. Use the full email address for the user such as "user<_a.t_>example.com", not "user".
Previous Topic: loost imap folders
Next Topic: More than one account in Outlook 2007 using Outlook connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:27:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.