Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to disable lined out messages to be displayed in INBOX?
  •  
aberghoff

Send a private message to this user
Thru the Web-Interface (Safari on Mac), delted or moved messages are still visible in my INBOX. There is a complete line thru the text, but the entry is still there.
How can I make them dissapear?
Thanks for any help to a new user.
Axel.
  •  
winkelman

This is normal behavior for IMAP ('mark' as delete instead of really remove). You have to purge the folder to really get rid of the messages.
  •  
curmudgeon

I give up, but how do we do a purge? I'm asking because I am using an Iphone and Entourage and am experiencing the same results...
  •  
winkelman

You'd most likely be able to do to purging in the application that did the 'marking as delete' in the first place.

Alternatively, you could connect to your account with any IMAP mail client that has the ability to purge, such as Thunderbird.

Then again: I'm sure there aren't any IMAP clients out there that don't already have this functionality, since it's standard IMAP functionality/behavior.

You deleted the messages with Entourage? Look into Entourage for the purge function? With the iPhone? Look into the iPhone...
  •  
LarryG

Right click on the folder and click Expunge Folder. This will remove the lined out messages. I do not know how to prevent them from forming on all imap mail applications.
Previous Topic: need help for outgoing mail
Next Topic: Installing on Gentoo... how?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:40:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.