Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Size of Mailbox is aehhmm great (> Petabyte)
  •  
Kirin

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone!

Today I saw some mails in our mailqueue, which could not delivered, because the users quota was exeeded. I navigated to the users properties to raise the quota and then I did not believe my eyes:

The user uses 171 789 691.8 gigabytes of diskspace, although he is restricted to a quota of 250 megabytes.
The only way I could solve the problem is to set quota to zero, but I hope this is just a temporary solution.
Do you have any better idea?

Regards
Kirin
  •  
winkelman

Seems to be an error (obviously Smile)

Look in the Knowledge base for an article on how to sole quota issues. If that doesn't help, submit a support ticket.

Unfortunately, the quota system is not very robust, there are a number of scenarios just guaranteeing messed up quotas.
  •  
RPC_Admin

God I had this exact problem earlier in the year. I forget what the sol'n was, but I know one of the Kerio Tech Support guys knew it right away. Obviously if you set the quota=0 then the mailbox will work again, but fixing the reported size was a matter of killing an index file somewhere I think.
  •  
winkelman

Usually quota problems can be solved by renaming the user's stats.usr file. (Should officially be done with a downed server, but I'd take my chances and do it simply with the user logged out. Twisted Evil )
  •  
bharper

I have only seen this issue since upgrading to 6.4.1 on the mailserver. Looks like a possible bug in this release. Had anyone seen this issue on an older release?
  •  
RPC_Admin

I had this bug on release 6.4.0

It is a known bug, here is my trouble ticket with Kerio Tech Support just FYI:

"Per our conversation. This is the 2nd user i've seen with this issue. You care going to edit status.fld files in order to try and get this value to read correctly. Meanwhile i will file a bug for this issue.

In the administration console, if you click domain > users > and double click this specific user, then click quota. Quota usage is at an erroneous number in the Millions of Gigabytes. 171 454 231 GB > and then it blocks them if they had a quota.

(note to kms-devel: this may not help; but both times i saw this, it was the admin user email, and only theirs.)

To resolve this, I had the users edit the "S" line of the status.fld files. I was able to get the quota usage to read correctly in the percentage field. But i still have not been able to get KMS to read, correctly, the quota usage value. (mailbox size)

I am unable to attach example status.fld files because this value is spread amidst hundreds, I haven't been able to fix the issue either so no steps to reproduce.

Thanks Rob.. most of that is for our Development team but if you have any questions or additions to this ticket, simply reply and it will send it to our queue. In the meantime it will be forwarded to our development team and marked awaiting bug fix. "
  •  
valshare

Hello,

is the problem resolved?

I have the same Problem on Kerio 6.4.2. Kerio Support cant help me. The only way for me at this time is to set Quotas=0 for the Users that has the problem.

I need urgend help, because every day i must check the disc status.

Greatings,

Valshare

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortuately, this issue is rare and is difficult to trace. I would like to ask you for your help.
When you find such big number in mailbox size, please search all status.fld files in user mailbox for huge "S" number (like S1846579574364859) and send the status.fld and index.fld file from the folder to us.
Thank you.
  •  
valshare

Hello,

I have send these files already more than once to Kerio support. Unfortunately, they could not help. Support says repeatedly that the problem lies in my system (Windows2003).

Next time, i would send it again.

•  
bunkerjambe

I've the same Problem after upgrading from 6.4.2 to 6.5.

Mailboxsize is 32MB in real but shown as > 171 000 000GB.
User-Status says: size: -9223372036795879826 bytes

I have fixed it by stoping the mailserver service, renaming the user-mailbox-dir and started the mailbox-service again - now the mailbox size is 0MB because Kerio has created a new mailbox.
Then I've stoped the service again, deleted the new mailboxdir and restored the original mailbox by renaming it back to the original name. Additionaly I've deleting the "stats.usr" in the usermailbox-dir (found this solution anywhere at google.de) and then i've restarted the service again.
Now the mailbox-size is 32MB again...

I think its only the stoping, deleting stats.usr and restarting the service, that helps!

<_a.t_>Moderator: Is it ok to delete the stats.usr-file or could it produce errors?

[Updated on: Sat, 23 February 2008 01:00]

•  
winkelman

bunkerjambe wrote on Fri, 22 February 2008 23:36

<_a.t_>Moderator: Is it ok to delete the stats.usr-file or could it produce errors?

Make sure the user in not connected to KMS and then you could delete (or rename to be sure) the stats.usr file. Once the users connects (or you can open that user in Admin console and go to the quota tab) the quota will be recalculated and a new stats.usr file created.

I have to do this sometimes, as the quota system is fairly buggy (in my opinion).

For example a repeatable bug: when opting to transfer the mailbox of a user to another user when deleting a user, the quota of the receiving user doesn't get updated.

And many times quotas of my users get confused. They'll state a much higher use then is actually used (albeit I've never seen such enormous numbers as in this topics case). My investigation leads me to believe that quota's don't get updates properly when handling other people's messages through shared folders.

Sometimes I also need to restart the server (with a deleted stats.usr file) to get proper quotas again.

I'm even considering doing it a few times a year for ALL users. Who knows if all quota's are correct (although not leading to problems)? Buggy as the quota-keeping seems to me...
Previous Topic: KOFF 80070057 Error
Next Topic: KOFF and "Conflict" issue and folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 07:53:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.