Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC and remote access
  •  
Carlo

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am testing KMS 6.4.1 which is running on a PC with WinXP
This PC is on a LAN connected to internet through a router where I set the http port 80 forward
ADSL with fixed IP connection

I am now testing remote access from my notebook

It works perfectly with Kerio Webmail (IP address:80)
It doesn't with Outlook

The notebook has the following components installed:
WinXP SP2
Office 2003 SP2
latest version of KOC installed
I turned down any firewall, antivirus and spyware on the router, the server and the notebook
If I connect the notebook to the LAN, KOC works well

The configuration I am testing on KOC/remote access is:
server: My fixed IPaddress

Secured pass authentication is not checked
Account name and password are correct (work if connceted through the LAN)

when I click on "check connection" button, I receive the following error message: Checking of connection to KMS failed. Make sure the information are correct...

No tracks of my attempts are recorded on the log reports of KMS (neither on security, warning or error logs)

many thanks in advance for any help
Carlo
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Outlook Connector use connections to HTTP port 80 only for downloading updates. It uses IMAP and SMTP (TCP 143, resp. 993 and 25) for emails. Open these ports on your firewall.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 September 2007 10:50]

Previous Topic: General Opinions wanted on Spam Appliances used with Kerio Mailserver
Next Topic: Performance issues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:09:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00340 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.