Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting up half of domain
  •  
simplesoft

Send a private message to this user
I have a domain with about 10 mailboxes running through a web host provider, getting mail to each individual machine with outlook. I want to install Kerio Mail Server on only 4 mailboxes on this domain. How do I configure this so these 4 boxes on Kerio can send mail to the 6 isp mailboxes that are not on Kerio ? Right now it says that the mailbox does not exist when I try it, because it is looking for the box in the Kerio domain, and obviously it cannot find it, it is on the isp server. I am using mx records to send mail. I am not that experienced in setting up mail servers. How can I configure this to make it work ?

Thank You Very Much
Heinz

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 16:29]

•  
tpalmer

In the Kerio Admin console, go to the Domains section and double click your domain. A domain properties dialog box will come up. Take the "forwarding" tab. Check "If recipient was not found..." box, then enter the ISP's mailserver address there and save. This should do it.

There should also be a way to use aliases, but there are complications to that.

Any method using KMS assumes that you have your MX setup to deliver to the KMS box first. If the world delivers your mail to the ISP first, you'll have to speak to them.

I would also suggest checking the manual and through testing - you don't know me - don't trust your email blindly to my suggestion Smile
  •  
simplesoft

Thank You for the response.

I tried the ISP mailserver route method. The ISP requires authentication, and there is no option in that fowarding tab for authentication options, so mail is getting bounced there too. Do you know where authentication can be input for this ?

Thank You Again.

Heinz
  •  
tpalmer

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Your ISP requires authentication to send mail to it? That's all the forwarding does.
  •  
simplesoft

Thank You again.

Error I get :

smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com: Failed (530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/bizmail/pop/pop-11.html)

This is what I am getting. This is the first time I am setting up a mailserver, so I am new. I am forwarding it to the smtp server of our webhosting account, which requires authentication. Is this correct ?

Attached is my forwarding page.

Thank You
Heinz

• Attachment: kerio.jpg
    (Size: 143.13KB, Downloaded 499 times)
  •  
tpalmer

Thats a bit odd. My guess is that you are forwarding to Yahoo's outbound server, not their inbound server. Find out the server name that your MX is pointed to (try http://member.dnsstuff.com/pages/dnsreport.php) and try that name.
  •  
simplesoft

I believe I got it to work. I have not got to test it for long, though. I used port 25 for Kerio, and set up an smtp server with IIS using 2525 and used that for forwarding. It seems to work. Sound right ?

Thank You Very Much For Your Help

Heinz
Previous Topic: Disappearing iCals
Next Topic: Public folders and domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:41:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.