Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Hosting a web page AND Kerio MailServer on the same PC?
  •  
pforkes

Send a private message to this user
I have Windows XP professional w/SP2 running on a PC. This also has Kerio Mailserver 6.4 running on it.

When I first installed XP it magically managed to also install IIS, which stopped Kerio MailServer from running (it was using ports 443 and 25).

In order for outside mail to reach the kerio mailserver, we need to have mail sent to the static IP address in the office. the current web page is hosted by InterLand.net who (apparently) cannot send mail addressed to our domain to one IP address whilst hosting hosting the web page on another IP address.

My thoughts were to have the web page 9which might 100 hits per week) be hosted on the same machine that Kerio mailserver is running on. However, I believe that (to do this on a Windows XP Professional environment) I need to have IIS running, which brings me full circle to the fact that if I have IIS running then can't run Kerio MailServer!

How can I run Kerio MailServer on a Windows XP Professional machine AND host a web page at the same time?

Peter

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Emails are being delivered to the IP address specified in DNS MX record whilst webserver is accessible via A DNS record. So you can have webserver hosted by another company and have own mailserver on own static public IP address if your DNS records are correct.
Please read the manual for KMS for details about email delivery in the Internet.
  •  
hopkins

There should not be any problems with running a website and mail server on the same machine. I currently host two websites and Kerio mailserver on our server and it works perfectly. Our server is running Windows 2003 but that shouldn't make any difference to running Windows XP as they both use IIS.

When you install IIS it comes with a default SMTP service which you need to disable so that it doesn't conflict with Kerio mailserver.
Also, to make sure Kerio webmail doesn't conflict with your website, you need to change the default port number that Kerio webmail uses to something other than port 80. For example, if you were to use port 3000 then you can access webmail via: http://www.yourdomain.com:3000/. As for secure webmail, port 443 should be available for Kerio mailserver to use unless you specifically need it for your website in which case you can also assign a different port number in Kerio.

A little configuring of ports and all should be working just fine on the one machine.

I should also mention that if you're going to run everything on one machine you should think about a DNS hosting service which maintains your DNS records so that everyone can reach your website and email. A DNS service should never be run on the same machine as your website or email.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2007 08:42]

Previous Topic: No Connection via IMAP and Thunderbird
Next Topic: User Kerio for pop3, and another program for shared features in outlook?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:33:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.