Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail recurring appointments- cannot edit single occurence
  •  
Phideaux00

Send a private message to this user
We run Kerio 6.4.1 on RHEL 4.4, and only use Webmail (no Outlook, etc.) and a few smartphones. It's beautiful! However, in Webmail, I cannot edit a single occurrence of a recurring meeting (Let's say the weekly meeting time is changing for this week only). Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to submit this as a new feature request?

I've got to say I was surprised at this, given the caliber of everything else. We actually kicked Outlook/MS Exchange completely out of the office. However, this omission might dictate that I bring Outlook back (Never!).
Shocked

Any help is appreciated. We truly love the product!
  •  
winkelman

Phideaux00 wrote on Mon, 17 September 2007 21:13

In Webmail, I cannot edit a single occurrence of a recurring meeting
However, this omission might dictate that I bring Outlook back

You're right: exceptions to recurring events are not supported through the Webmail interface. I'm not even sure it's supported in Outlook/KOC, but we're Webmail only also, so I'm in doubt about that.
  •  
bhenderson

Don't bother with Outlook. It doesn't work via the KOC either. Neither does adjusting the recurrence across all instances of the event....and a lot of other things to do with calendars...
  •  
Matt S

Wow... that's a fairly fundamental feature that's missing there. I've just had some users asking about it.

I would ask whether there are any plans to sort this out, but Kerio won't actually tell us anything anyway.
Rolling Eyes

•  
Lyle M

Entourage 2004 on the Mac can do this via KMS 6.4.2. So, the server understands how to do this.
Webmail, however does not support it. This is an old issue that has been bandied about before. Please submit a feature request via the Kerio support ticket system. Every request is tallied by the Kerio folks. The more requests, the greater the odds of a feature enhancement. Confused
I haven't delved into 6.5 yet. Anyone checked for this functionality in the latest RC?

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

I haven't delved into 6.5 yet. Anyone checked for this functionality in the latest RC?

Seems to work just fine Smile
  •  
Lyle M

[quote title=sonofcolin wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 21:37]
Quote:

Seems to work just fine Smile

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Another reason to be excited about 6.5!
  •  
sonofcolin

Kudos to Kerio. Credit where credit is due. Glad all of the development work hasn't gone into the 'other' email client Very Happy
  •  
skerkvli

Not seeing the results I was hoping to with Kerio Web Mail and Entourage I did the following tests.

In Entourage 2008, created a repeating event at 11:15 AM lasting until 11:30 that repeats 5 times, Monday-Friday.

Results:
All 5 show up in Kerio Web Mail

In Entourage 2008, I dragged Tuesday's appt to 12:00.

Results:
No change in Kerio Web Mail, Tuesday is still at 11:15

In Entourage, open Monday's 11:15 appt (open the series) and change it to start at 11:00. Entourage also changed Tuesday from 12;00 to 11:00 with all the other days.

Results:
In Kerio Web Mail in the daily view the appointments all appear to be at 11:00 but when you open them they say 11:30 to 12:00. I checked both Entourage and Kerio Web Mail settings and both are set to the same Central time zone. In weekly view the appoints show up properly from 11:00 to 11:15.

In Entourage 2008 I deleted Wednesdays appointment only

Results:
Kerio no longer has a Wednesday Appointment.

In Kerio Web Mail I changed Thursdays 11:00 appointment to 1:00 PM.

Results:
In Entourage 2008 all four (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) changed to 1:00 appointments.
In Kerio Web Mail in weekly view they show as 1:00 appointments. In daily view they show up as 1:00 appointments but if you open the meeting up it first showed from 11:30 to 12:00 PM. I changed to Contact View and back to Calendar view and re-opened the meeting and it now says 1:00 to 1:15.

In Kerio Mail I opened up Fridays 1:00 appointment, clicked on Recurrence tab, clicked to remove Recurrence, made a copy change in the notes area and changed the title from "test 5 days' to "Removed Recurrence".

Results:
All appointments disappeared in Entourage 2008 except Mondays and the new text I typed is in the appointment.

Conclusion:

As I review the information, it appears repeating appointments work fine between Entourage and Kerio as long as you are either adding, editing or deleting all occurrences. If you need to change a time for one occurrence you need to delete that one day and create a new appointment that is not part of the recurring event.

Throughout all of this testing I always clicked on the calendar in Entourage 2008 and told it to Synchronize Now and often changed views in Kerio Web Mail to make sure it was refreshed. I am on the local network with the Kerio 6.5 server so it would be very fast.
  •  
winkelman

That could very well be correct, as Kerio does not support (thus far) exceptions to recurring appointments.
Previous Topic: Filtering Automatic forward
Next Topic: Entourage 2008 Student & Teacher Edition
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:27:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.