Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Messenger logging
  •  
nagetech

Send a private message to this user
Howdy everyone! I'm curious to know, is there anyway to setup kerio winroute to log AIM/Yahoo/MSN logs? I am using Smoothwall 3 and it has IM logging built into it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  •  
lightxx

i'm just curious, have you ever heard of things like privacy / civil rights / data protection laws?

in case you are not affiliated with the NSA or any other intelligence service what you are planning to do is highly illegal,
no matter if this a private or corporate scenario.

people will (and should) sue the hell out of you if they were to find out that their conversations get logged without their knowledge and approval ... and they would be perfectly right in doing so ...

if i was you i'd double-check this with your law department.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2007 11:46]

•  
an2ny79

I've been using KWF for almost 4 years, KWF doesn't log conversation.

Use spyware at your own risk. Im not suggesting you to do it though... As what lightxx said, unknown logging is illegal and unprofessional (well professional for spy hahaha). Im managing global networks and it's un-ethical to do such thing without knowledge of concerned parties.

In some way, logging of conversations are "legal" provided that you give notice before hand.
  •  
nagetech

Thank you all for your responses. Just for the record, everyone in my household is PERFECTLY aware of this. They know it is being done and why I'm doing it. I dont sit here at 3 in the morning in my underwear listening to everyone's messages. It is there for that "you never know" reasons. They came in handy once for that very purpose, and I'm sure they will again.
  •  
an2ny79

As what I've said, use spyware (search the web for good one)... or... for YM, set archive on and use decoder to view it.

Again, to answer your main question, KWF won't be able to help you on your requirement.
Previous Topic: reject login rest users ?
Next Topic: How to Setting Winroute on my LAN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:22:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.