Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Mailserver & outlook connector MAPI error
  •  
Clint

Send a private message to this user
I am in the process of deploying Kerio Mailserver. I have setup a few machines with the Kerio Outlook Connector. On one of them, I am constantly receiving the error:
0x80040117: MAPI_E_TOO_COMPLEX

When they receive this error, they are unable to see their inbox. Everything else seems to work fine. They can view any folders under their inbox, send and receive email, but they cannot view their inbox at all. I googled the error, and only found programming solutions. Any help would really be appreciated. On a positive note, their webmail interface works great.
Thanks,

Clint
  •  
perbauer

I get the same error (MAPI_E_TOO_COMPLEX) but also in other folders, like Contacts. I'm using Swedish Outlook 2007 on English Vista x32. I'm also using SonyEricsson PC Suite (synchronization software) for Symbian phones and the error might (but just might) have occurred after installing that. But to uninstall PC Suite now doesn't help.
  •  
shtaffa

I was getting the same error when I was trying to open my calendar. It started happening after I edited an occurrence of an appointment.

I removed and reinstalled the Kerio Outlook Connector, no help.
I created a new profile for Outlook, no help.
I performed a repair of Office, no help.
I restarted my PC multiple times, no help.
I completely deleted the event that I edited, no help.

Removing and reinstalled Office finally fixed it.

Hope this helps.
  •  
thx2000

I'm not sure if this is a recommended fix or not. But, I went into the troubled user's Calendar folder and renamed all the .fld files. The next run of Outlook worked great.
  •  
dymon85

what do you mean by "renaming the fld files..."..renaming them to what ?
  •  
winkelman

dymon85 wrote on Mon, 11 February 2008 12:19

what do you mean by "renaming the fld files..."..renaming them to what ?

Search Kerio's knowledgebase on how to re-index mail folders...
Previous Topic: webmail folders config
Next Topic: Webmail skins?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:56:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.