Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple Domains / Multiple SSL Certificates
  •  
ricklp

Send a private message to this user
I am looking for a way to have Multiple SSL certificates active on the Kerio Mail Server. I have 5 distinct domains that I host on this server and I can only have one SSL Certificate.

This causes many problems when the 4 domains that do not have a certificate associated with it of which one is always getting prompted to accept the incorrect certificate for the domain they are connecting to.

Example:

User 1 connects to mail server mail.domain1.com but the certificate is for mail.domain2.com. They get the SSL warning because the certificate and domain do not match.

When are we going to get the ability to assign certificates to specific domains instead of just the mail server?

Thanks,

Rick LaPorte

Structure Interactive
  •  
My IT Indy

I don't think KMS supports this at the present.

What I've done is just set up the domain for email (maildomain.com) and then have everyone use that as their MX records for their own domains. I host 5 domains on my KMS and they just use maildomain.com as their email server address. No problems.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's already on our To Do list. However, it's obvious that each domain will require separate IP address. It is not possible to use two or more SSL certificates on single IP address.
  •  
ricklp

Rugby,

Thanks for the input. I will use your suggestion until Kerio supports multiple Certificates.

That resolves it for now.

Rick LaPorte
  •  
ricklp

Pavel,

Okay, thanks for the update. As far as the IP addresses go then, I guess we will have to setup additional IP addresses for each domain then.

Thanks,

Rick LaPorte
  •  
campodoro74

I already have an IP for each domain (so I can use just the username to login to the various domains, without having to use the <_a.t_>domain.com) but how do I assign the auto-signed certificate to each domain, since I can only have one active at a time?
  •  
siter

Any news re. development of a fix for this limitation.

I am somewhat appalled to find that a multi-domain mail server isn't capable of multi-domain mail services...

What do I say...

Here's a good question.
If I set privatemaildomain.com as the MX record for all domains on the server. When a client uses a browser to access the webmail via https://thebizname.com will they be presented with a certificate warning them the certificate has been issued for privatemaildomain.com thus mitigating the entire purpose of the certificate installation? Or will the clients now have to access their webmail via https://privatemaildomain.com? ...and leave them wondering and hope that their company or myself, the tech provider, has a trusted affiliation with privatemaildomain.com?

My main concern is the certificate warning - what's the point of an invalid certificate.. and second concern is that my clients will now have to access their mail through a single domain - reciprocally destroying any client/provider confidentiality amongst other clients (..people talk)

If anyone (hint: Kerio) has some explanations for this I would gladly receive them.

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2007 21:50]

•  
kcaporaso

<bump>
Yes, I'm wondering about the same problem. I host several domains on kerio and am looking to have multiple certificates.

Is it possible, yet?

BTW, you can get some certificates with various alt subjects (multiple CNs), but I'm not sure if kerio supports it or not.

Hoping to hear back soon.
  •  
stefjeubs

So, five years later, is Kerio Connect supporting multiple SSL certificates?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect supports wildcard and multi-domain (UCC) server SSL certificates. It is not possible to assign more SSL certificates to the server. Only one of them is active.
  •  
noob

Will multiple certificates ever be supported? Is that a roadmap item o something Kerio wont ever support?

Thanks for any answer.

/N
Previous Topic: Windows 8 & EAS
Next Topic: Moving Kerio to a different HDD
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:49:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.