Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » how to prepare windows 2003 server for KWF
  •  
kerberos2003

Send a private message to this user

i have these very important experience that need explainations

how to prepare windows 2003 server for kwf.?
do i need to set native NAT of windows 2003 server?

i used in windows 2003 server. i followed the Admin Guide and the wizard config for the traffic policy. but when i go to the workstation behind kerio i can not browse any http, so i go to windows RRAS and made basic config for windows NAT and go back again to workstation, now i can browse any http.

i google and look for sip port mapping to make inbound connection but i can not make any inbound connection so again i go to Windows RRAS but i found out i can not make a port range mapping in windows.

my questions are,

do i need to configure Windows RRAS protocols in order for kerio to work as intended? like inbound connection specially with port range mapping?

any preparation aside from OS UpnP/SSDP and ICS so kerio will work smoothly.?

why is ICS is mentioned in Admin Guide that causes Kerion to malfuntion but not NAT(windows server 2003 NAT)?

pls help

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 15:49]

•  
kerberos2003

•  
winkelman

You should not enable anything on the Windows Server 2003. Just install the OS as basic as you can. No DHCP services, no ISS, no RRAS and certainly no ICS. KWF does everything 'by itself'. Anything you enable in the OS itself can only cause trouble.
  •  
gogosch

I have the same problem with server 2003!
Everything works fine (outgoing), but I cannot forward and map inbound ports (80,25) to my domain server in the lan.
ICS firewall is not enabled!
When I install XP there's no problem! Very Happy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are you sure the Routing and Remote Access (RRAS) service is stopped?
  •  
kerberos2003

ok thanks for help.

i also disabled "DHCP Client Service" and now it work
  •  
gogosch

I also have the same problem when using RRAS. Shocked
No forwarding to the dedicated server.
Any idea?

It seems to be a problem accessing the server, from another gateway-computer as the specified one in the server.

eg:
Line1 is connected to PC01 (192.168.0.1) using the external gateway of line1.
Line2 is connected to PC02 (192.168.0.2)using the external gateway of line2.
Server PC03 (192.168.0.3) uses the standard gateway 192.168.0.1 (PC01)).

Access from the internet PC03 is only possibleby PC01.
When accessing from the internet to PC03 by PC02, I get no response (connection refused 111).

But I can work (access the internet and PC03)) at PC04 via gateway 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.2.

On the other hand, I cannot access PC03 via PC02 from the internet also when PC03 uses the gateway address 192.168.0.2 (PC02) and PC02 ist the one and only active connection to the internet.

Really mysterious!

but

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2007 06:09]

•  
kerberos2003

just like winkle man said disable the ff services in OS
1.DHCP
2.ISS
3.RRAS
4.ICS

these will malfunction your trafiic policy.
and after i disabled the services my incoming work.
yet i havent tried the other inbound connectio coz i need to do it outside as im still in office right now.

as long as i have update im gonna post it here
  •  
gogosch

I forgot to mention, I've disabled all these services in W2K3.
The same problem also occurs when I use XP instead of W2K3.

I think, it's maybe possible, that's something wrong with the routed /29 subnet of line2, because the problems persist when I use only line2 with the mentioned subnet (line1 shut down). Today I will ask my ISP.

The other dsl-line (line1) works always great in both directions without any problems, "stand alone" or in conjunction with the other line. Configuration of line 2 is identical to line 1!

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2007 07:10]

Previous Topic: Admin/administrator password problem
Next Topic: need help setting up 2 internet connection
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:49:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00592 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.