Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Creating new users using php
  •  
jarocks

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to create a new user from a php script?
  •  
winkelman

No, there's no disclosed API at this point.
  •  
kingluui

Hello,

of cause it is possible to create new users by using php and edit the file users.cfg, but we have to know how to create the password string. I research for the right encrytion method, the generated string has 48 hex letters, I think it is generated by using a TRIPLE_DES algorithm. It will be cool if the support tell us which method we need to use in php.

Hello support, please replay.

The users.cfg looks like a xml file.

Best regards

kingluui
  •  
winkelman

You do realize you'd first have to stop the mail server before you could successfully edit the config-file, do you? Because a) the mail server will not load the changed config file while running and b) the mail server will overwrite all external changes back to original when stopping.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

kingluui wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 18:40

Hello,

of cause it is possible to create new users by using php and edit the file users.cfg, but we have to know how to create the password string. I research for the right encrytion method, the generated string has 48 hex letters, I think it is generated by using a TRIPLE_DES algorithm. It will be cool if the support tell us which method we need to use in php.

Hello support, please replay.

The users.cfg looks like a xml file.

Best regards

kingluui

This is not an official suppoft forum. To get technical support, go to http://support.kerio.com.
I'm pretty sure we will not publish any private key used in DES or other cryptographic method that is used by KMS. you can create password in plaintext by using 'NUL:password'. It will encrypt itself.
  •  
kingluui

Hello together,

the KMS will not change the users.cfg after a restart. I changed it and KMS works fine.

Thanks for the tip with the NUL:plaintextpassword now I know the second method to safe passwords in the users.cfg, the D3S: and the NUL: , are the any more possibilities?

What means the following?

<variable name="Auth_type">0</variable>

If you know some, please replay. I am very happy.

Best regards
  •  
jarocks

Thanks??
Do I need to restart kerio for these changes to take place?
  •  
kingluui

Yes of cause, after a change in the configfiles the server have to be restarted, every server have to be restarted after a change. It is even better. NOTE: NOT A REBOOT.
Previous Topic: List of Known Bugs and or Deficiencies
Next Topic: We are relaying, and I'm at my wits end
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:00:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.