Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Install Kerio FW on a dedicated server
  •  
Goedekeuzde

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

I’m would like to install Kerio FW on a dedicated server (W2K3).
Before a did a test on one machine here, I notice I was locked out and need to configure behind the console and could not configure it by RDP.
Is it possible to install Kerio FW by RDP (port 3389) ore the Kerio Administration Console if I enable Remote admin with my External IP ?
I can reboot the Dedicated sever remote.
Please can someone tell me if it is possible ore do I have to look for a other product ?

Thanks for helping me out
  •  
lightxx

on winroute versions < 6.0.3 you could manually insert a rule for RDP in your winroute.cfg file before rebooting. this, however, seems to be a no-go with the current build (no reboot required). probably its possible to somehow prevent the winroute service from auto-starting during the installation.

btw, enabling remote admin on the PUBLIC ip is a not-so-smart thing to do Wink

example:

<listitem>
<variable name="Order">11</variable>
<variable name="Enabled">1</variable>
<variable name="Color">3</variable>
<variable name="Name">RDP --&gt; Gateway</variable>
<variable name="Description"></variable>
<variable name="Src">iface:"WAN"</variable>
<variable name="Dst">Firewall</variable>
<variable name="Proxy"></variable>
<variable name="Service">tcp:3389</variable>
<variable name="ValidTime"></variable>
<variable name="Action">permit</variable>
<variable name="SNAT"></variable>
<variable name="DNAT">10.10.1.10:3389</variable>
</listitem>

[Updated on: Wed, 26 September 2007 09:21]

•  
Goedekeuzde

Hello lightxx

Thanks it works Wink Wink
I thank you for the working hint.

BUT for someone how wants to do the same, I have make a backdoor (just during the install).
Quit easy, I use WinAT.exe (google for winat) and ad one rule net stop winroute for each 60 minutes and net start winroute each 3 minutes later.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1092&private=0

So during the install I can make a mistake configuring Winroute because Winroute will stop for 3 minutes.
When everything is fine I remove the rule who start and stop the winroute services
A dedicated server is a nice thing but the problem is you cannot use the console, a simple thing like winat make it possible to enter the server remote even do you make a mistake.

Thanks for helping me out

• Attachment: winat.png
    (Size: 7.33KB, Downloaded 776 times)
Previous Topic: win route driver:ip send explorational packet recieved invalid tag in pending buffer struct?!
Next Topic: Modify packets through firewall?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 05:02:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.