Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems in Clients For Secure Connection, SSL pages and Network Printing
  •  
aegeus

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am sharing my cable modem connection to 5 other computers, and have set up for both firewall and content filtering options, on Windows XP.

My first problem is, in Winroute 5.1.10, the clients are not able to login into secure pages, like Hotmail, on internet. What is interesting is I can login to these pages from my computer, which is the server in our case. I think, I have run into this problem, after upgrading Winroute, from 5.0.0 to last version, though I did nothing in preferences.

The second problem is printing over the LAN has slowed a lot.

Do you have any idea how to fix these problems?

Thanks,

Aegeus

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 15:55]

•  
gert

I had a problem with SSL sites which I solved by slightly lowering the MTU setting on the LAN clients.

There's a guide to it here: http://www.kerio.com/us/supp_wrp_pppoe.html

If the printer is connected to the KWF machine the other problem might be because of KWF examining all traffic from the LAN. If that's the case there's no way around that except moving the printer to another non-firewalled client on the LAN.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 15:44]

•  
aegeus

Thanks for the advice, I will try.

Meanwhile, I have turned back to 5.0.0 version, which does not cause any problem at all, everything works completely OK.

What I do not understand is that why an "upgrade", which is supposed be more developed, cause problems with packet sizes, although the previous versions works perfectly with those MTU values?

On the second issue: I would like to state that after turning back to 5.0.0, printing speed has increased significantly. The printer is setup on a different machine on LAN, not on KWF machine.

Thanks again,

Aegeus

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 15:59]

•  
RHarmsen.nl

The SSL problems indicate an MTU problem
you are not the first with the problems

and slow printing speed... try disabeling the firwall for the LAN interface (can be done by altering the cfg file)
Previous Topic: Internal clients access server via external address ? <-- Routing problem
Next Topic: KAV A/V Plug-In?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:46:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.