Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » backing up the backup files - to AIT drive - false
  •  
Johann F Putz

Send a private message to this user
Hi all!
I ve set the backup function to copy the backupfiles to a directory - well ok.
I want to save these files twice to an external AIT Drive using EMC Retrospect.

But these files all locked and Retrospect can?t save. Is there a simple way to backup these files?

Mac 10.3.9 Server, german
KMS 6.4.1 Patch 1
Retrospect 6
ext. Sony AIT-2 drive, firewire

hoping for a simple way. Thanks
Johann
  •  
My IT Indy

I have a similar setup at a client, OS X Server 10.3.9, KMS 6.4.1p1 and don't have any locked file issues. I do have backups going to a separate directory on another drive however before backing them up over the network to another server so that might be the issue.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Johann F Putz

Hi Ryan!
Thank You for your answer! I have a separate drive too, the folder has the rights:
i / allow read and write
owner / allow read and write
group / allow read and write
all / no rights

But the archive zip files are:
i / no rights; owner / no rights; group and all / no rights.

Why is that diffent to Yours? "Apple + I" for setting up rights and changing the owner-rights to "allow read and write" does nothing change an the files. And if i successfully change that (what i cant) - after next writing a new archive file from KMS same "wrong" rights come up again.

That is maybe the problem. Any Idea?

regards - Johann
  •  
My IT Indy

Mine look the same, I don't back up to tape however. If you had Tiger server you could use ACL's on the folder to force permissions.

I also run KMS on a Linux server and have the backups written to the Backup user's home folder. Then I keep Transmit open on the Mac and auto sync the folder to a local directory. I know I have to run a cron job on the server to change the permissions on all files in the user's directory to change them so I can back them up. If I didn't change the permissions I couldn't download the files.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Johann F Putz

Hi rubgy!

Thats not really the solution i hoped to hear, but it sounds like a possible way.
I try this.

Thank You for your help!
Previous Topic: Spam and Backup/Secondary Server - Perceived Wisdom
Next Topic: Losing email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:58:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.