Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Builtin Services Manager Monopolises Ports
  •  
supbra

Send a private message to this user
6.4.0 MailServer Running on OS X Server 10.4.7 G5. We have other Services running on this box that require certain ports to be open, but it appears that K MailServer is monopolizing the server. Meaning that only the ports that KMS is using are open. I would like that the Ports KMS uses sends those packets to the App needed on KMS otherwise the Port indicated should pass that data onto the Service running under OS X Server 10.4.7. Possible?
Thanks for any help
Mike
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

We have other Services running on this box that require certain ports to be open, but it appears that K MailServer is monopolizing the server.

You can bind KMS to a specific IP address. Have you tried that?
  •  
sedell

Whichever service starts first will bind to the ports it needs, which means they won't be available for other services that come along after and try to bind to them. KMS is not monopolizing the server, it's just starting up first.

It's not possible to forward traffic that's destined for another service. There's no way to tell the data should have gone to the other service. If you need 2 services to use the same port numbers on the same server, you need 2 IP addresses, and bind each service to a different IP.

Scott
  •  
supbra

Thanks very much for the imput. The ports im using via KMS are 25,80,110,119,143,389,443,465,563,636,993,995. Those are fine, and i am NOT trying to use any of those a second time. KMS is the only service using those above. But I am trying to open 5060,5190,5297,5298,5353,5678 for iChat Server. Do I still need to bind? It sounds like your telling me that OS X Server needs to start the iChat Server before KMS then it will see those Application data before KMS?
Thanks again.
Mike
  •  
My IT Indy

KMS only uses the ports it's set to use. It won't go out and grab other ports. You can use the other ports for other applications.

I use HTTPS for KMS
I use HTTP for Apache

Different ports, different applications. No problems.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

But I am trying to open 5060,5190,5297,5298,5353,5678 for iChat Server

What do you mean by this? Are you trying to configure the OS X server firewall? Are you getting an error when ichat server tries to start up? Can you elaborate.
Previous Topic: 0x80041412 ER_IMAP_APPEND when sending attachments
Next Topic: Backup question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:38:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.