Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Remote Installation for KWF v6.4.0
  •  
an2ny79

Send a private message to this user
Need help..
Im currently in Phils. My server in Taiwan sent me notice that new version has been released.. The problem is this:

Whenever I install new update (starting v6.3), I need to click CONTINUE ANYWAY button whenever OS display a warning message informing that compatibility of the drivers with the windows OS cannot be verified (something like that)... You might wonder, what's the big deal??? The big deal is.. in a certain hardware installation, after clicking the CONTINUE ANYWAY button, server's connection to and from outside world halt. I will be needing someone to click it for me until it is ready to restart.

Now, is there a way I could make this simple without bugging somebody else to finish my installation?

Unlike the old version, I could install it from start to finish without disconnection.
  •  
FRiC

Maybe you can change the driver signing option to ignore (install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval)?
  •  
snorlax

Yes it disconnects you but you can reconnect right after that.

I recently did a remote upgrade on 2 differents sites using Remote Administrator to remotely control my Win XP servers and no pb reconnecting each time a click on Continue Anyway cuts the communication.
But the nicest way would be to temporarely disable the warning since we know what we are installing just as we can disable an antivirus.
  •  
an2ny79

Yeah, I've been thinking of disabling that driver signing thing from the very beginning.. and I was stupid not to see where I should go to do it, it was under my nose all along. Laughing

Anyway, I already fixed my prob.

For anyone who doesn't know where is that Driver Signing Option:

Right Click MY COMPUTER
Choose PROPERTY
click HARDWARE tab
on the mid section there is this DRIVER SIGNING button.

Cheer!
  •  
winkelman

The disconnections occurs not because of the driver signing, but because the network adapter driver is being upgraded as part of the software update and thus the network card is being reset (several times). This is what cuts your connection...

(Just hope the NIC doesn't hang between resets Razz )
Previous Topic: Whitelist Support
Next Topic: Multiple public ip's and multiple services
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:31:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.