Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email Formatting HELP! KMS outlook connector related
  •  
tomanocu

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Considering a change from exchange to KMS i've installed and configured KMS on another server.

Using KMS Outlook connector:
All internal mail are received correctly formatted, but email received from additional pop account are:
1. Full of header info
2. Not received in the originating format HTML. They all are received in Plain text

Any idea to solve this problem ?
For particular internal reasons, we don't want kerio to download directly the pop mail.

Thanks in advance or I'll have to find another soft for email exchange.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2007 15:30]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Configure Outlook to send e-mails in HTML formatting instead of RTF. Was the original email downloaded from POP3 in HTML or RTF?
  •  
tomanocu

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 01 October 2007 15:55

Configure Outlook to send e-mails in HTML formatting instead of RTF. Was the original email downloaded from POP3 in HTML or RTF?

Outlook is configured to send in HTML not RTF.
The problem is when receiving not sending.

The email is downloaded from another ISP pop3. When I receive it is received in plain text.

Maybe useful:
When not delivered on the KMS information store (no configured kms connection)normally delivered to another pst or exchange store, the emails are correctly displayed in html.

Thanks again for the reply, your help is very appreciated. I don't want to step back to exchange if possible.
  •  
rfettimg

Hello,
I have had a similar problem, only Kerio is stripping all the HTML formatting out of the messages I send through Outlook 2007 with KOC installed. When it was set as a IMAP account (i.e., without KOC installed), formatting was preserved, but now all my messages arrive as ugly plain text even though in my sent folder they are in HTML. Something is happening between when I send a message in Outlook and it is passed through the Kerio server and on to the recipient. Any thoughts on how to keep the HTML formatting in my sent messages? I do have Outlook set to send in HTML, not RTF or Plain text. Thanks.
  •  
tomanocu

still inquiring...

From what I'm experiencing, this problem doesn't seem to be linked to outlook settings. Indeed, same hardware/software, same config on Exchange, and additional pop mail is retrieved correctly formatted. Replace Exchange profile by KMS, and goodbye html.

I think that the answer will be based on the relation with the KMS store and the coexistence with Pop Accounts.

Other consequence, all attachments are "decoded" in the plain text mail received so that it is impossible to open them.

Is there a mime or encode setting other than the ones in the administration (advanced setting) to work around ???

Please help, it would be painfull to drop KMS only for that reason.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2007 10:10]

•  
rfettimg

Hi. I found that I had to create a new mail profile (via the control panel) that ONLY had my KMS account in order to have the HTML formatting preserved. It seems that profiles with multiple accounts (pop and imap) do something weird when sending a Kerio message.
  •  
tomanocu

Thanks refttimg,

but your solution is to have as many profile than you have accounts ? I want to have my External pop retrieved in the same profile and if possible included in the same store.

Is there anyone from Kerio answering the post or ?

Thanks again
  •  
kbehh

I ran into the same problems, but from a different angle. My problem was that outgoing mails via KOC were always sent as plain text, even though they were composed as HTML.

The situation was like this: one KOC account, one personal folder (*.PST), and multiple (private) POP3 accounts. Because incoming POP3 mails are not supposed to be delivered to the KOC account on the server, the personal folder was configured as the "standard store for incoming messages".

Everything seemed fine, but all outgoing mails were converted to plain text before sending. This happened on Windows 2000 and XP, with Outlook 2000 and 2003, with or without Word as editor, and with KMS 6.4.2 and 6.5.0.

When I switched the "standard store" setting to the KOC account, the HTML problem was gone. But instead, I was now experiencing the problem mentioned above: all incoming POP3 messages were stored with their full header information as plain text.

In conclusion, there is currently no way to combine a KOC account and POP3 accounts in the same Outlook profile.

I will file a bug report. Let's see what they can do Smile

Karsten
  •  
winkelman

kbehh wrote on Thu, 13 March 2008 22:19

In conclusion, there is currently no way to combine a KOC account and POP3 accounts in the same Outlook profile.

It's a known fact that you cannot/should not combine any mail accounts in a KOC account. It may even be mentioned in the documentation. Kerio regards this more as a limiting feature then a bug. Perhaps they'll add the feature, but they won't fix what's not a bug to them.

Yes, it's all semantics, but it does make it less likely it will be changed any time soon Confused

Why don't you add the pop account in KMS itself and have it delivered into your KMS inbox? That way you do not have to combine anything in Outlook itself.
  •  
kbehh

winkelman wrote on Mon, 17 March 2008 14:27

It's a known fact that you cannot/should not combine any mail accounts in a KOC account. It may even be mentioned in the documentation. Kerio regards this more as a limiting feature then a bug. Perhaps they'll add the feature, but they won't fix what's not a bug to them.

Hmm Rolling Eyes I can see that additional mail accounts are not supported, but the problem with lost HTML formatting also occurs without any POP3 accounts in the profile. Just changing the "standard delivery" setting triggers the problem. Wouldn't this be regarded as a bug?

Quote:

Why don't you add the pop account in KMS itself and have it delivered into your KMS inbox? That way you do not have to combine anything in Outlook itself.

These are the employees' private POP3 accounts, so privacy is an issue. Private messages are not supposed to pass through the server.

So I guess all I can do is make them use Thunderbird for the private accounts.

Thanks
Karsten
  •  
winkelman

kbehh wrote on Mon, 17 March 2008 22:42

... Just changing the "standard delivery" setting triggers the problem. Wouldn't this be regarded as a bug?

Well, it's also true that Kerio must be the default store. (Doensn't the KOC check for that and warn you if it's not?) That is needed for proper functioning, so again the same situation as above. Not a bug, as far is Kerio is concerned (AFAIK).

kbehh wrote on Mon, 17 March 2008 22:42

... These are the employees' private POP3 accounts, so privacy is an issue. Private messages are not supposed to pass through the server.

I'd say private messages don't need to be checked at the office at all, so there goes you problem out of the window Wink Twisted Evil.

Hm, I see you problem. Indeed there does not seem to be a very good solution...
  •  
matino

Is there any progress at this topic?
My users are complaining that they want to have more e-mail accounts within one profile...
any solution so far?
Previous Topic: No external mail access
Next Topic: KMS 6.7/iPhone: declining meeting invite doesn't appear to be sent
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:43:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00541 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.