Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » VPN problem
  •  
irishgirl

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I have a server, its IP is 192.168.0.100, my router is 192.168.0.1.

I've installed the VPN client on a remote machine which is on a network with exactly the same IP set-up. So, when i connect via the VPN, i'm getting an address of 192.168.1.1. I want to be able to ping the server from my client, which i can do as they are on different ranges, does anybody know how i can resolve this? I'm using the lastest version of the firewall and client.

many thanks
  •  
sirkirby

I have a very similar issue with one of my remote users who's LAN is 192.168.1.0/24 (same as the firewall/vpn LAN). When that user connects, they are unable to connect via dns or ip to any server on the remote network. However, if the client network is something other than 192.168.1.0/24, then there are no issues whatsoever. Is there any way around this other than having the client user reconfigure his LAN? A solution would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris
  •  
FRiC

I think the only way is to either have the user reconfigure his LAN, or preferably, don't use the all too common 192.168.x.x for your network.
  •  
sirkirby

I fear that may be the only way as well...if only the client could force the use of the remote gateway, then i believe it would work. But, the KWF vpn explicitly disables this functionality on the client, according to the literature in the manual.
Previous Topic: how to configure opensky one way in kerio winroute 6.2.2
Next Topic: Problem with new license and number of user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:15:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.