Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MailDomain & Internet hostname setting with ISP
  •  
kelljery

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
Could you please give me a little help about settings the maildomain et internet hostname values for the following case :

site = www.ec.com (hosted by ISP)
email = user1<_a.t_>ec.com, user2<_a.t_>ec.com
smtp from ISP = mail.ec.com

kerio mail server installed in local network with domain :
computer name = kerio.domain.local

the email will be retrieved from pop3 account for each user
the smtp of ISP (mail.ec.com) will be used to send email.

maildomain = ?
hostname = ?

thanks a lot for your help, I've searched in documentation and forum but did not find a suitable answer !

Kelljery
  •  
My IT Indy

It looks like you're using a MS server if they want you to use .local for domain naming. I personally hate that as so many other protocols use .local.

Anyways, I've always set up domain and hostname for the server based on DNS. The server is usually mail.domain.com and can sit inside the lan. It has proper DNS for forward and backwards lookups.

So your mail domain is your domain name of ec.com and if it was MY email server, the hostname would be mail.ec.com and resolve properly.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
microalps

I'd make the domain name identical to the ISP (ex.com) and the hostname a dynamic dns address that will resolve to your IP. Unless of course you have a static IP and you have control over the DNS for ec.com. In that case, I'd do like rugby said, create a mail.ec.com and set the A record to your ip.

Either way, you can use POP3 Download to download each user's email to their respective accounts. Or even better, just set the MX record to mail.ec.com, set mail.ec.com to point to your IP address ( STATIC ONLY ) and let mail go directly to your Kerio Server. This will allow you to utilize blacklists, better spam filtering, etc.
  •  
kelljery

Hello,
Thanks for your help !
Best regards,
Kelljery
Previous Topic: MX / SMTP forwarder
Next Topic: doubt aout purchasing a new license.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:31:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.