Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Received-SPF
  •  
arnsdorf

Send a private message to this user
When I send email from my kerio mailserver account to gmail or otherwise the recipient gets Received-SPF softfail messages. Some recipient's won't even receive my mail at all because of a softfail.

How can I configure kerio to avoid this?

The message received by recipients of my mail is as follows:

Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning me<_a.t_>domain.com does not designate 1.2.3.4 as permitted sender) client-ip=1.2.3.4;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning me<_a.t_>domain.com does not designate 1.2.3.4 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=me<_a.t_>domain.com

*Note in the above I have replaced for the purposes of this post the sender's email address with me<_a.t_>domain.com and the kerio mail server's ip with 1.2.3.4
  •  
My IT Indy

DNS, DNS, DNS, DNS.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
rinzwind

•  
arnsdorf

What does that mean? How do I fix this?

My domain is hosted externally - I use kerio to download email from the external mail server via POP3
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, then make sure you are using the same server also for SMTP relaying of outgoing emails. Otherwise your IP address does not match SPF record in DNS for your domain and emails will be rejected by other servers.
  •  
arnsdorf

Unfortunately the external host does not provide SMTP. That is why we are using the SMTP server provided with our broadband connection.

The external host provides the following email config instructions:

Outlook Settings Example:
Example of settings:

Email: info<_a.t_> yourdomain.com.au
Account name: m9093
Incoming mail: mail. yourdomain.com.au
Outgoing mail: mail.yourisp.com.au

Is there a workaround to this?
  •  
teco

Quote:

Outgoing mail: mail.yourisp.com.au

This is the SMTP adress of your email provider.

If you can send with outlook you can use this setting as relais adress for outgoing SMTP.

(Normaly SMTP is the way you are sending emails. Regardless if Outlook, Thunderbird or Kerio.)

Ask you ISP if he allows to use this adress for relaying your own email server. Some ISP have another adress for relay functions.
  •  
julienvs

Travelling a lot, many of the current ISP's don't allow to use our own SMTP server ... how should we solve that problem then?

Regards,

Julien
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

julienvs wrote on Wed, 04 November 2009 09:16
Travelling a lot, many of the current ISP's don't allow to use our own SMTP server ... how should we solve that problem then?

Regards,

Julien

1. Use WebMail.
or
2. Have SMTP listen also on port 587 and configure the email client to use that port for sending emails. ISPs usually block only port 25.
  •  
julienvs

Webmail is not an option ... laptops are made to be brought with us during travel but listening to 587 sounds like a great alternative.

Thanks,

Julien
Previous Topic: ActiveSync Access Denied
Next Topic: Is it possible to send a meeting invitation to an attendee for a meeting that is not yet created?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 06:00:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.