Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2007 and KOC
  •  
heze54

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm running kms 6.2.1 and we are making probes with office 2007.

Is possible to run with this KMS version outlook 2007? Is possible to install better KOC for this outlook vesion keeping the KMS version?

Best regards
  •  
lengs

Hi,

I believe you have to have the same version of KMS and KOC. I am currently using KMS 6.4.1 and I have no real issues using KOC with Outlook 07.
  •  
microalps

Although you've downgraded the client (Outlook 07 has plenty of issues), you're going to have to upgrade the server. The irony. KMS / KOC 6.4 was the first version to officially support Outlook 07 after 6 months of people bashing at the forums here (where were you?).
  •  
ryansalazar

Is there a new release of the Connector? I purchased the server software about 1 1/2 months ago and don't see any new releases. Since then...I'm still having tons of speed issues while moving from folder-to-folder within Outlook '07. I also have a lot of synchronization speed issues. It appears that Outlook '07 just freezes up. However, if I remove all the Kerio stuff and set it up with another mail server, it runs super-fast.

Any ideas? This is a bit frustrating because just before we purchased the product we were told in 2 weeks that they'd be coming out with the new connector. It has now been 1 1/2 months.

Refund?

Ryan Salazar
  •  
cachedmode

I see you've posted this twice!!

It won't help, as I said some of us have been waiting over three years for a decent KOC...

Look on the bright side - you'll have to wait a lot less time than some ppl!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cachedmode wrote on Fri, 26 October 2007 00:25

I see you've posted this twice!!

It won't help, as I said some of us have been waiting over three years for a decent KOC...

Look on the bright side - you'll have to wait a lot less time than some ppl!

Please don't use misleading arguments. Three years ago you can't even know what the KOC is.
Surprisingly, many administrators require on-line version of KOC.
  •  
cachedmode

Hi Pavel,

Well it may not seem to have been that long but it's true I'm afraid!

I just looked back in my email & found one I sent on the 10th August 2004 to support asking when offline mode would be available...

Ever since KMS6 was released with the KOC it has needed offline caching!

Ticket details below:

Ticket ID: JGW-29788
Ticket Key: f9c73e
Subject: KMS6 Offline Access
Department: Support - United Kingdom

I got the following reply:

Quote:

Offline mode is not currently supported, however this will be included in a future version (however not in the immediate future).

You can access the server from outside the network just the same as if you're inside the network, you just need to use the public IP, and open up the firewall to allow access. If you're connecting over a dial up connection, the Outlook Connector will be very slow though. You could also still use IMAP/LDAP when on a dial up connection if you want something a bit speedier.

Calendaring is only available through the Outlook Connector or WebMail though.

Were you working for Kerio back then?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, I understand.
KOC was designed for on-line access with no local storage for easier administration, better deployment and low maintenance cost.
I agree it does not fit to requirements of some users who need to work with no access to the server. That's why we are making new version. As I wrote some time ago, local storage in Outlook is not a 'bug' that can be easily fixed. It requires completely new product that is designed for that purpose.
  •  
cachedmode

Hi Pavel,

I understand there is a lot of work involved but the problem is that it's not just laptop users who need the offline KOC.

Mainly it's required by those with large mailboxes who need better performance even if they never access from outside the office.
Previous Topic: What's the deal? How about a refund?
Next Topic: Location of spam and virus emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:14:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.