Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Testing mailserver, first question
  •  
twinstead

Send a private message to this user
Gentlemen, I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I am testing the mail sever to eventually replace our aging Exchange Server 5.5 installation.

Basically we are now collecting from a POP catch all box on our provider's server addressed to multiple domains, and distributing the mail internally first via GFI mailsecurity on an SMPT server then to our old exchange server as a 'smart host' for each domain.

Then depending on what email address I specify in exchange servers, the mail gets delivered to their MS outlook.

The first problem I have is how to I duplicate this? In other words, I want to have a user who can receive mail addressed to user<_a.t_>domain1.com and user<_a.t_>domain2.com, and even user<_a.t_>domain3.com.

It appears in my initial testing that I can only a user to a specific domain and add aliases to user<_a.t_>domain1.com to receive email sent to user2<_a.t_>domain1.com or user3<_a.t_>domain1.com.

I must say I'm confused now. If I add the same AD user to two different domains do I wind up with two mailboxes or one that gets mail sent to either domain?

•  
scottwilkins

Sounds like you will need some manual configuration of e-mail addresses. Kerio's AD plugin is nice, but far from 100% in terms of what Exchange can do. Kerio is usually perfect for simple domain setups, but does fall down on more complex situations.
  •  
twinstead

After some further testing, it appears that the solution to an issue to where mail addressed to more than one mail domain is dumped into a single catch-all pop box, then collected from Kerio's mail server, is to use a single primary domain in Kerio that everybody uses, then use the sorting rules to redirect mail addressed to other domains collected from the pop box to corresponding users in the primary domain.

I realize this is probably basic stuff, but does this sound reasonable?
Previous Topic: Outlook 2003 and BCC field
Next Topic: How to run Webmail alongside IIS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:31:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.