Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can Recieve Mail but Cant send!! Please help!
  •  
rtptucks

Send a private message to this user
Kerio V6.4.0

I have this configured for a number of domains and mail accounts and has been working fine and recently has decided to stop sending mail from pop3 clients.

When i log in from webmail i can send.

What is wierd is that i get a user authentication logs however the user authenticates succesfully but the outbound mail wont send?

in the log file i just keep getting

[18/Oct/2007 18:44:29] Failed POP3 login from 86.8.32.65
[18/Oct/2007 18:46:10] Failed POP3 login from 86.13.174.22
[18/Oct/2007 18:46:13] Failed POP3 login from 86.13.174.22

in outlook it tells me that it cannot connect the SMTP Server.

i got some more stats from the debug logs

[18/Oct/2007 18:49:28][2472] {auth} NTLM: Continuing authentication.
[18/Oct/2007 18:49:28][2472] {auth} NTLM: error while accepting security context - logon denied (-2146893044)
[18/Oct/2007 18:49:31][2472] {auth} DIGEST: first step, we send the digest
[18/Oct/2007 18:49:31][2472] {auth} DIGEST: second step, we get the token
[18/Oct/2007 18:49:31][2472] {auth} DIGEST: cannot get password for user wayne<_a.t_>localhost
[18/Oct/2007 18:49:31][2472] {auth} DIGEST: second step, auth failed

this is strange because there has never been a problem up until now? and it appears nothing has changed to either the server config or client config

I have done some google searches on the errors i am getting and im not gettin anything on the results.

im hoping some genuis here may know the answer!!

Many thanks

Wayne
  •  
rtptucks

come on some one must know something! Smile

I cant send mail this is so bizare!
  •  
microalps

Are you using KOC or standard POP3 / IMAP / SMTP? Cause SMTP has to be set up to send authentication in Outlook -- it does not do this by default. If you're using KOC, (which it looks like based on the NTLM stuff) I don't have any ideas. Somebody?
  •  
rtptucks

I have never used KOC? im just using standard SMTP / POP3 in the client and serveR?

i cant even see where you set KOC stuff within the Kerio Mail server, the things which is strange is that this has been running smooth for ages and suddenly all my users get the same problem.

Where can i check / disable KOC?
  •  
rtptucks

looks like its sorted ! data centre had SMTP blocked, requested it to be open.

•  
it@leonardsexpress.com

We have the same problem with our outside agent offices, trying to connect pop3 / smtp to our internal KMS server to send mail. According to some FCC articles, ISP's have been blocking all traffic on port 25 for Sendmail if it does not flow through their own SMTP server (reducing the chance at spam etc...). If you google available ports, you'll see that a special port (I think it's 549 or 579) has been setup for "private mail".

However, when trying to use this port, setting our SMTP server, and our firewall rules correctly, my outside user could still NOT send mail via SMTP through our KMS server, the ISP was still blocking it.

I'm not sure if this situation is actually relevant here, but I thought I would place my 2 cents.
  •  
My IT Indy

it<_a.t_>leonardsexpress.com wrote on Tue, 23 October 2007 09:40

We have the same problem with our outside agent offices, trying to connect pop3 / smtp to our internal KMS server to send mail. According to some FCC articles, ISP's have been blocking all traffic on port 25 for Sendmail if it does not flow through their own SMTP server (reducing the chance at spam etc...). If you google available ports, you'll see that a special port (I think it's 549 or 579) has been setup for "private mail".

However, when trying to use this port, setting our SMTP server, and our firewall rules correctly, my outside user could still NOT send mail via SMTP through our KMS server, the ISP was still blocking it.

I'm not sure if this situation is actually relevant here, but I thought I would place my 2 cents.

It's port 587 and it should work. You need to change the port # in your mail clients to reflect this.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
microalps

In order for KMS to send or receive email, port 25 must be open for incoming and outgoing traffic. If the ISP blocks port 25 you must have them lift the ban or use an intermediary server to relay mail to / from the KMS server.
Previous Topic: calendar sharing and Vista
Next Topic: Cannot sync with windows mobile 5 device
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:03:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.